Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have alot of split shot #2 weights(1/4 ounce) that I ran across in an old tackle box. Does it effect the presentation of the drop shot rig if I use these instead of the clip-on or tie on mushroom style weights?

serpico

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
no because when your dropshotting the weight just lays on the ground.do not move your weight just shake the worm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shouldn't matter at all... Ive used every type of weight possible for dropshottin....It's just some have a tendancy to get hung up more than others. I have been using Del's brass ones and they are great.

Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somebody help me out with this. I guess I just don't get the concept of why you need to use a light weight for dropshot'n. Everyone always says, "Don't move the weight, just the worm" Wouldn't this be easier to do, if you had a heavy weight that would stay on the bottom easier? It just seems to me that it would be very difficult to keep a 1/4 oz or less weight from coming off the bottom if you boat or the wind was moving at all.

Just wondering :?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I found that by using heavier weights i seem to get snagged more. Buy using Del-mart weights,alot og the time i loose just the weight instead of the complete rig.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I think secretly, Delw smiles each time I lose another of his weights!
-Thats about every other cast on some days!

Most my DS fish come when I am slowly dragging it back to the boat.

·
Registered
355 Posts
hey serpico, whatever works for you, pig sticker lighter weight helps you to better detect that "pressure bite". also it seems like the heavier weight the less "swimmers" you get also. 1/4 is the heaviest i go.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Pig Sticker.

there are a few different ways to fish dropshot, some guys drag it, some guys bump it, some guys toss it up on the bank and shake it back and some guys leave it in one spot.

The lighter the weight you use the less snags you will get. we have real rocky bottom and some bruch at the bottom of the lakes the weight will lodge in between the rocks and snap off. as far as the bushs well the exposed hooks will catch those :wink:

I dont drag my dropshot at all, even in heavy wind, if your up in the front of the boat even in heavy wind you can use a 3/16 weight.

Sometimes I like to be on the bottom and feel it so I use a 1/2 oz

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts