Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Drop shot weights

Trophy Hunter,
I personally like 3/16 oz drop shot weights in shallow water (less than 15') and like 3/8 to 1/2 oz if I'm fishing deeper or power drop shotting. I don't know of any retailer that sells bulk weights. If you are so inclined you can pour your own. Check out www.barlowstacke.com under lead molds and supplies. They have a drop shot mold for various sizes that is very reasonble. Bassboy

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
I think its more important to use the same weight sinker at most depths to maintain the "feel" of the rig. I use 3/8 oz most of the time.

G

·
Just cleaned out the bank on new d-shot stuff. Rods, worms, hooks, and weights.

Thanks for the replies

G

·
I echo what da says ....

and add if your fishing deeper than 30 feet alot of times I have to goto a 1/2oz weight to be able to feel the bottom. if there is alot of wind and you can keep the boat in one place you mght have to upgrade to the next size weight.

I use 6 and 4lb test line and mainly use 1/4s down to 30 feet. if I am shaking back to the boat from shore I like 1/8 andd 3/16.

but to start off with try 1/4oz and see how that works for you.

Delw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.