AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about on here many times but I need a quick refresher. Here's the setup that I used at Bartlett on Monday. I had 12 pound test and like a 1/8 egg sinker. I tied a hook to the line using the seven twist and loop knot *don't remember the name of that knot* with like 12 inches of slack, then tied the egg sinker on the end of the slack. I'm pretty sure I have the setup right. I caught two using this, but I was expecting more bites. Does the bite feel just different than the usual pull of being snagged, like a mushy feeling or what? Then do I need to use lighter line or a specific worm to dropshot? Lastly do you cast your dropshot rig out and just work it back slowly shaking it and moving it? Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A palomar, on 6-8 lb test (there aren't too many fish in BARTLETT over this size range) with a nice 1/8 oz DS weight attatched to the bottom should do you well. Rod wise, a BC or spinning rod in the 6.5 range, MH should do you well. Im not too good at the palomar knot though, any knot you have faith in will work, as long as it leaves the hook point UP, on your rig. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts