Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why are the eagle bouys,in a different place this year?now i can't get to my favorite cove.they just keep making the lake smaller and smaller.

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Splitshot

Game and fish wanted them there this year, because it blocked off access to one of the nests thats on that big hill.

Delw

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thats good,because i wouldn't want to hit one with a crankbait.i see more eagles on roosy,even in the parking lot.if they ever find a nest on balance rock island,we're all in trouble. geez.they worry more about birds that nest HIGH in the cliffs ,than they do BBD during the spawn,wake up game and fish!!

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
F fever: Since BBDs doesn't appear to worry about the big fish at Pleasant during the spawn I'll take whoever, whatever and whenever! :wink:

Maybe I should try and get 7+lb LM at Pleasant on the Threatened or Endangered Species list because they seem to have disappeared at that lake. :twisted:

G

·
Da I knew I'd get you on that one. When you mentioned earlier about closing off some coves I thought about the Agua Fria eagle closure. There are some big fish back there that are not harassed each year because of the eagles. We complain about it but it may be a blessing. The same sort of thing happens at Roosey with the goose bouys. Some of the best fishing can be had when they lift the restriction as those fish haven't seen a lure in months. :D Where you on Bartlett Thurs. I saw a Red Ranger but wasn't sure if it was you.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Yes the eagle closure is a blessing to some big bass. But think about it, the very north end of the river is open to the public and bass spawn in shallow warm water. Although the area north of the eagle closure is stated as off limits by BBDs the only preventative measures I've heard BBDs has is its lie dectector test for the big prize winners and the fact that its illegal to transport bass on the road.

I wasn't on Bartlett on Thursday. I'll be on Pleasant this coming week and then Bartlett before the Bassoff.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
This is a can-o-worms. i have mixed feelings about the eagle closure. bad point is i cannot fish where i wantto, this is the only bad point i can think of. Good points, how many of us tell our wives, friends or kids we saw a bald eagle when at the lake. I know every time i see one at the lake i think of it as a success story at work. it also tales some pressure off of a group of spawning bass. Dhat flat north of devils point is a major spawning bed. And the major reason they close it off is because of idots. in the past 3 years at Bartlett we have arrested 3 people for entering the Eagle closure and shooting at the Eagles(3 baby eagles dead, 1 criticly wounded). Remember., although we would not harrass the birds, there are many SCROATS out there that would.

G

·
Boat Cop, dude, Devil's Point??

Are you meanin' Satan's Point on Pleasant or sopeplace else.

I haven't noticed where they put to No Entry Buoys on Pleasant this year. Where they at? By Satan's Point?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.