AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Police and EMS get really tired of the "know it alls". Unless this guy was an RN or MD, it would behoove him to STFU.

Checking vitals is standard procedure for a reason - you don't want to let someone with an obvious injury refuse treatment, then have it come back to bite you in the ass when that person bites the big one while his friend/gay lover/dog/whatever takes him to the hospital (guaranteed big lawsuit). You also don't let ANYONE go without taking proper documentation of their refusal of treatment for the same reason. This is a hyper-litigious society, and everyone (especially public agencies) has to watch their asses.

Sorry to say it too, but these spandex clad traffic hazards known as "avid" bicyclists have developed a reputation for suing over virtually anything.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Effin' cops, huh? You only read one side of the story. It would be interesting to see what she has to say.

How many "effin' cops" have been killed on routine traffic stops?
How many have been killed responding to domestic violence reports?
How many have been killed in traffic while just doing their job....which is keeping us safe?

I think if it were me, I would reserve judgement on the "effin' cop" until I knew both sides of the story. I have had situations in my life when dealing with the police was a less than pleasant experience, but I'm pretty sure I've never lost respect for the fact that they, like firemen and soldiers, write a blank check payable to you every time they put on their uniform.

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he should have gone in the ambulance and avoided all this trouble.
I just enjoyed getting your attention.
Thanks for playing along!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I think he should have gone in the ambulance and avoided all this trouble.
I just enjoyed getting your attention.
Thanks for playing along!
Unless he doesn't have the cash for it, and doesn't have insurance to cover it. An ambulance ride is expensive. Let them throw on O2 and stick in an IV and the price really jumps. Saying to just get in the ambulance and pay for it later sounds nice to some people, but times are really tough right now and the last thing anybody needs is another bill to pay if they can avoid it.

All things considered I think the cop should not be allowed to force somebody to get in an ambulance or suffer along side the road. Whether its a smart decision or not. As near as I can tell it IS NOT leaving the scene. They knew who he was and were he was going.

That being said, and at the risk of offending plenty of good female LEOs... I have been pulled over more than once or twice in my life. Usually I did something wrong. Most cops seemed to be reasonable. You are either going to get a ticket or not, but 100% (3 times) I have interacted with female cops they had a poor attitude from the instant they walked up to the window. A control and dominance issue, like they had something to prove. I noticed a certain advantage taking and bullying attitude of the one female LEO we had at ALETA as an instructor when I went as a youth too. She would act all suprerior and frog march people around by their arm to show how tough she was, but to be quite honest in a real confrontation she never would have had the chance to get in that position. I made a point of being out of her reach when ever she puffed up. As I said, I know I risk offending plenty of good LEOs with these comments, and I know my observations are purely anecdotal.

Of course there may be more to the story than was told too.

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never thought about the insurance thing..... The ambulance ride would probably be the cheapest part of his medical expenses....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I look at it from the point of view, cops don't know you from Adam or Eve, so they are at a disadvantage of knowing the facts of most situations they roll on. (i,e. knowing the good guy's from bad). Plus most humans are pathological liars or close to it. That being said, she could have been having a bad day after all she's human and shit happens. On the other side of the coin, I have also witnessed the attitude of some female leo's Bob La Londe described.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'm looking at it from the perspective of having been in EMS for several years: It costs nothing to get them to sit in the ambulance long enough to do a set of vitals and a quick checkout while doing the necessary paperwork for a refusal.

Sitting on the side of the road is fine, but what happens when a passing car kicks a rock in the direction of your refusal? He/she will invariably call "The Law Tigers" or someone else with annoying commercials (Look, the Eeeeagle!), and cry about not being in a protected environment. All these people need is one slight deviation from procedure to run to court - do the taxpayers deserve that? Should anyone's tax dollars go toward purchasing a new Saran Wrap wardrobe for these people? While maybe a little too abrasive, the cop did the right thing.

Just to prove that there's something horribly wrong with the writer of this article, there's a key piece of information missing: Was she hot? Hot chick with handcuffs could be a Blockbuster night waiting to happen.

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Saran Wrap clothing" is awesome. Loose clothing flapping in the wind is not comfortable, snags bushes and slows you down. Modern moisture wicking fabrics work best when they are in direct contact with your skin and when you're overweight, they accentuate all your rolls.
Admit it, men love lingerie.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Admit it, men love lingerie.
I do.....just not on other MEN. That allusion makes the whole concept even more horrifying. I guess I'm just not the type to shop at Victor's Secret. Now I've flashed back to the picture of Champ fishing in tights. Now my entire day has been ruined.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The thing to remember is that it was a police scene. They are in charge, not some clown who drives up after the fact. When a cop tells you to shut up and sit down... if you don't , you will probably go to jail. "F with them and find out."

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Beep Beep my ass" sayith the Roadrunner.
But, you're correct.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That being said, and at the risk of offending plenty of good female LEOs... I have been pulled over more than once or twice in my life. Usually I did something wrong. Most cops seemed to be reasonable. You are either going to get a ticket or not, but 100% (3 times) I have interacted with female cops they had a poor attitude from the instant they walked up to the window.

About 5-6 years ago I was sitting outside a restaurant when a man and a woman riding down Speedway in Tucson had the rear wheel of their motorcycle lock up. The dude was lucky to keep it upright. I went over to see if I could help. It turns out the lady on the back had a sweatshirt wrapped around her waist, and it got into the chain and locked up the rear wheel. It could have been a lot worse than a skid mark on the pavement.
It was a big bike and me and the owner of the bike were trying to get it out of the road when a policewoman pulled up. She immediately started in saying that we couldn't park in the middle of the street. I tried to explain what was happening but she wasn’t having any of it. She just kept telling us that we couldn't park there, and that if we didn't move the bike immediately we were going to be arrested. The owner and I were doing everything we could to get the bike out of the road. And I was telling her that I wasn’t involved other than trying to help. She wouldn’t listen to a single word… I have no clue how anyone as unreasonable as this woman got to be a cop. Bad day or not, this woman was ridicules.

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Beep Beep my ass" was Wile. E. Coyote. I had that backwards.....

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Bike Nazies

Almost every biker I deal with in there cute spandex suit are a pain in the ass. We get complaints about them almost daily from citizens. Either they are racing through our town and cutting off motorists, running stop signs and cussing out motorists.

I've stopped and warned several in the past, gave a few moving cite for running stop signs. That really pisses them off. I would love to hear the cops side of the story. I would bet the guy was a royal assshole.

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate you saying that our outfits are cute! There aren't that many sweet dudes passing out compliments on this site.
Thanks again.
BTW, Bikers ride Harleys, cyclists ride bicycles.

·
****ing Goofy
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Most people who ride regularly, also have a car so, they know that. A sweet bike costs about 7 to 10 grand so, these crashes set them back in more ways than the insult and damage to their bodies.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Most people who ride regularly, also have a car so, they know that. A sweet bike costs about 7 to 10 grand so, these crashes set them back in more ways than the insult and damage to their bodies.
And nobody finds that embarrassing?

Paying more than $300 for a BICYCLE is stupidity of epic proportions. If I'm going to pay more than seven grand for a bike, it had better be a vintage Indian or Harley.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts