Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious about the mortality rate with the off site weigh-in that Everstart used in their TMX a week ago. Larry from Az Game and fish was really positive with the results.

Basically, it was an experiment and the law hasn't changed. The law says no transportation of live fish from Arizona waters. The fish were in Larry's possession in the last two days of the tourny in which the fish were actually moved from the lake to Walmart.

The release mechanism (boat) that they used to release the fish was top of the line. The boat had either steel or aluminum holding tanks that glided into the water and the bottom opens up and releases the fish.

The mortality rate as follows;
day one: 161 teams, 322 anglers, 700 fish caught, 7 mortalities
day two: 600 fish caught, 6 mortalities
day three: ? fish caught, 4 mortalities
day four: only 1 mortality.

Overall, the mortality rate was very low considering the pressure and travel time off the water in the last two days.

The law still remains the same. The hope is to generate some excitement into the sport locally and draw big names here, get the locals to participate in the sport of fishing. The purchase of fishing licenses, boat permits ect... will improve services in our local waters.

I hope when they look at the impact of that tourny, that it was a positive one and they have the opportunity to do it twice a year on our waters.

They do this at Havasu too!
I hope they do this again real soon!
JMHO
Oh, I know where the release boat was at too! :wink: LOL

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Peoria I think?

G

·
the fish were all dumped back into lake pleasant into the marina with game and fish officials and tournament officials on board. The release boat came from the lake havasu bass club and they had a basket on board as well as bottom of the boat dumping capability.

·
Registered
417 Posts
They actually dumped them in several places at least.....maybe the Marina (I did not witness that drop) but I did see it happen in Coles. It was a joint effort between AZG&F and the Everstart officials. They were taking their time. They must have been measuring and weighing and possibly tagging? I do not know, I was too busy trying to make the next cut. I do know that those fish will be hard to catch until at least tomorrow. Hehe....

Later, Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.