Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, two weeks ago I posted looking for a backseater to join me at Falcon lake for about a week. Redhammer took me up on the offer and graciously offered to pull my boat with his truck, not a bad idea since he has a 1 ton Dodge mega cab.

The long drive kinda sucked considering it rained non stop from the AZ/NM border all the way to falcon but the time went by sort of quick. We fished almost all weather conditions while we were there (hot/cool, humid/dry, sunny/cloudy/rainy, windy/slick water) and we fished a whole bunch of spots on both sides of the border. We caught fish in creeks, road beds, flats, main lake points, and ledges with the latter probably being the most consistent. We caught tons of fish in the 3-5lb range that will downright wear you out, a handful of 6's, some 7's & 8's but my biggest fish only went 9lbs. Eric broke his personal best twice in the first hour or so after we were arrived. I broke off what I think was the biggest bass I've ever hooked into (and I've landed a 13.1, 12.5, 12.25, 11.?, and about ten 10's before) about 100yds. from my Dad's spot. I hooked him on a giant net bait brush hog, actually he hooked me as I reeled up slack to set the hook and had my rod just about ripped out of my hands. We slowly got the fish dialed in before we left and on the last day we absolutely whacked em.

We caught fish on Rapala DT's, Lucky Craft RC's, DD22's, Brush Hogs, Yum Big Show Worms, Mans Hard Nose Worms, Power Worms, Zoom Ol Monsters, 6", 7", & 10"+ Senkos, Beavers, and my favorite 18" trick worms.

It was another great trip to falcon which in total cost us about $400 each for the week.

I wish we would have taken more pictures but here are some:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Nice. Where is Falcon lake? Where did you stay for the trip? Camp or hotel? What's the story on the silver looking bass? Just lighting in the pic, or something else? Nice pics and thanks for sharing your trip......

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, almost forgot about the Alligator Gar that we tried sight fishing for. I got a big one to hit a senko that I pitched right in front of it. It seemed like a good idea until I set the hook...:eek:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Thats awesome man!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Way to go Daniel. Solid catch and great story. I am soooooo bummed I could not make the trip this time. I must say that I am jealous that you were able to make it to Falcon TWICE this year. I will figure out a way for us to make a return trip in April.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
How big was Red's biggest?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
How big was Red's biggest?
Biggest I got on the trip was about 7. Highlight of my trip was catching a double on a DD22 a nice 5lber and a healthy 3lber on the back hook. Thought I had my 10lber because it had me bowed up big time. Falcon lake is an amazing lake we caught countless 4-5lbers (basically a rat out there is a 3lber). Also every fish out there thinks its a ten and pulls like a train....

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
thats AWESOME

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Biggest I got on the trip was about 7. Highlight of my trip was catching a double on a DD22 a nice 5lber and a healthy 3lber on the back hook. Thought I had my 10lber because it had me bowed up big time. Falcon lake is an amazing lake we caught countless 4-5lbers (basically a rat out there is a 3lber). Also every fish out there thinks its a ten and pulls like a train....
Yeah dude, that double was pretty amazing. I've never done that before. Hell, I've never actually seen that before. I still can't beleive that two fish were able to jump at the same time. WOW!!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Approximately 2200.....

Bring some music to listen too I know Daniel loved my Kings of Leon CD.:icon_twis
Yes, I quickly figured out that when someone plays the exact same song on repeat for 8 hours you want to kill yourself. That song is still stuck in my head. : Jerk-it

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Fishing

I should have went there instead. I just got from Fork and also fished about every wheather condition. For the most part fishing was tuff. My biggest was a 5.5 and several in the 4lb range. I lost a 6-7 lb when it spit out my 4" Lake Fork Spoon in 40' of water.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts