Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the crank bite seems to be picking up. What colors do you all have luck with in the fall? What kinds of cranks? deep or shallow divers? Any tips will help. Taking son out on Friday to Rosey. Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
DURING THE FALL PERIOD I WOULD STICK WITH NATURAL SHAD TYPE COLORS, ON DEPTH OF LURE TO USE, IT DEPENDS ON THE DEPTH YOUR FISHING AND THE AREA ETC., I WOULD ALSO THROW IN CHARTREUSE AND CRAWFISH COLORS, REMEMBER RIGHT NOW THE FISH ARE VERY ACTIVE WITH THE ON COMING KOOL WEATHER SO COVER ALOT OF WATER, AND IF IT SLOWS DOWN THEN GO TO 4INCH ROBOWORMS ON SPLITSHOT OR DROPSHOT! :lol:
  • 90 % OF THE FISH, ARE IN 10 % OF THE WATER!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Franklin's favorite colors

I think you misunderstood the question, he wasn't asking what color fishing pants you wear, he is asking for lure color.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Come on we can all have some fun sometimes............On the serious side, I use anything that mimics what the bass are eating for your particular body of water..........Bartlett-Sag, obviously some type of shad pattern is working right know, haven't been to Rosey, so can't tell you much about that water..........and don't forget to have that Rico tied on just in case you find bass busting shad....................................

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have always done well with crawdad color cranks or red rattle traps on Rosy. Always keep a jerkbait tied on. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what color is shad or crawdad

Hey all, thanks for the input but I'm still a little confused. What color is crawdad color? I have seen crawdads in brown, green and red? Is shad color like a silver with a dark back? I will post my results when I take the boy out on Friday.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can use any of those colors. I like the berkley frenzy. (brown, white, orange) Or anything with red. I usually throw a deep diver and dig it in the bottom. On the shad colors, anything that resembles a threadfin shad. I like throwing a chrome with blue top rattle-trap. (or red r-trap). At Rosy I always have a smithwick jerk bait tied on. Chrome with black back.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
dont be afraid to try a clear crank in clear water....or a white one, straight white, as well.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
A color you won't want to forget is "firetiger" Toad and I will generally use different colors and it seems when the basic silver/shad/white isn't working, the firetiger will get some action. Don't leave home without it.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Spidey, I've seen you use Beagle colors too. I could have sworn that one time we were fishing within sight of each other that I saw Baxter swimming in the water around your boat. I know you told me you were dipping him in the water to cool him off, but why'd Baxter have on that mast, snorkel, and fins? :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts