Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
FHNB

The event went well. Lots of folks there bright and early Sat morning. They had a ton of raffle prizes and giveaways. There were about 5 or 6 pontoon boats both days. Lots of volunteers including Canyon Bass, Nat'l Guard and AZ Project Challenge kids. Nightcrawler was busy checking them in and Sam was issuing name tags. They fished until about 2:30 on Sat then had lunch. We had the AZPC kids running (literally) up and down the ramp all day, delivering stuff to boats, helping move wheelchairs up and down the ramp. I wouldn't have survived walking the ramp let alone running it. Then a barbeque lunch. Sunday was a much later start. The participants didn't really start showing until around 0800. Once again we loaded pontoon boats with wheelchairs and sent them off with nightcrawlers and minnows. We had more non-wheelchair bound participants on Sunday so we also loaded about 5 bassboats. Most were done fishing by 1:00, then lunch. I didn't stick around for the raffles. As I posted on DD, the fisherman/guides complained about the lack of fish, but the participants were really thankful for the chance to go fishing from a boat. I enjoyed the event very much and plan on keeping it on my calendar.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
This event was fun! Had a decent turn out of volunteers and participants. Sam and I stayed until about 1 on Sat. It was a great surprise to look up and see Brown Dog and Lori walking down the hill Sat! That was too cool! Got to meet Kip Pollay and Casey Iwai along with a lot of other new faces. It was great to see so many folks helping out and looking joyful about it too! LOL The participants couldn't wait to get started. What a wonderful thing FHNB is doing for people. Lori sent me a few picks and I'll get to working on them and make them available for you all to see. There will be a lot more pics on the FHNB website as soon as they get them up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts