Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fire extinguisher does not have a guage. Is there a easy way to explain how to check to see if it is good? This is so I don't get busted by boat cop. :wink: Is there a rule of thumb for changing them? Every year, every other year, etc. Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It has an "expiration date" stamped on it somewhere. They're not too expensive at Walmart. Maybe if Delw ever started using them, he would sell them at Del-Mart... :wink:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The fire extinguisher in my motor home also has no gage. It does have a green pin that will not be showing if it is used.
However DDD (a state agency) requires yearly inspection of each one. So when I get the ones around the house done, I will sometimes take the one for my boat. ...Pete

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Del-mart wont sell them. Hek he doesnt even carry on on his own boat... opps sorry it slipped out Del. Hope boat -cop doesnt read this. Del may get ANOTHER ticket. Opps did i say ANOTHER ticket?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
If the fire ext is used on a boat it must say USCG approved or UL listed. it will have either a gauge or a push indicator. it will be a green button on the top or on the front. push it in and if it pops out you are good. if it is on the top and has a white cap on it ,it should have a yellow clip that inserts vertically. make sure it is on when you push down. it is the safety. You should shake the fire ext. every two to three months to loosen up the dry chemicals.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts