Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a while and I won't have much access to the net anyway, but I thought I'd let you know about my exciting lunch yesterday.

Wendy and I were invited out to lunch with the National Director of the Union where I am the treasurer at our Local. Anyway, we were about to order when I got a call from work telling me that my house was on fire! My ex made the call at work, so I was wondering if it was a prank, but sure enough there were 3 pumpers and 2 hook and ladder trucks on my street! It was on the news last night, but I don't know which channel since I couldn't watch any tv.

It must have started shortly after we left for lunch and thankfully all of the kids were in school.

As far as the damage goes, the Living room, Kitchen, laundry room and entry room are history! The roof has to be replaced and they are going to tear out most of the dry wall from all of the walls. Luckily I have great insurance, but I didn't trust the insurance adjuster, so I hired a public adjuster. It'll cost me 10% of my settlement, but I think it'll be well worth it having someone on my side when it comes to repair and replacement

We will be staying at the Residence Inn over the weekend, but we should be in a rental house by Monday. I guess fishing will have to be on the back burner for a while till I can sort things out.

The Fire Dept hasn't determined what caused the fire, but I'll let you know as soon as the fire investigation is over

Pretty wild, huh!

I just wanted to let you know that we are all fine all the pets are fine and most importantly the boat is fine! LOL!!

Take care guys and chat with you soon!

PS. forgive me if I don't reply soon since I won't have an ISP where I'm staying.

JohnSWA

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
John I'm glad that everyone is ok. If I can help let me know.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry to hear about that John. I was going to see if you wanted to go fishing on Monday but obviously you have bigger things to worry about. If you need anything my dad an I will be glad to help. :D Well John just to update you I didnt get into the fire academy for Gilbert but I will be trying for Chandler and Phoenix in March. So hopefully I'll be a firefighter then. Take care John. :D

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
John, Wendy, Sorry to hear about the damage but glad you guys and the kids were not hurt. Hope there wasn't anything irreplaceable that was lost. Call, write, or post if you need anything.

·
Registered
838 Posts
John sorry to hear about your house. Good news that everyone is o.k.. I too had a house fire about 8 years ago.. Total loss. We hired an outside adjuster.. Well worth every penny. I was at the boat show and I heard my name on the public PA system at the civic center. I went to the show office and they had Mesa FD on the phone. I hope everything goes well. Good luck to ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear that John. I'm glad the family is safe. Everything else is replaceable.If you or Wendy need anything, call me!! 602 818-4747. Matt

·
Registered
911 Posts
John and Wendy, Sorry to hear about the fire. You know that if you need anything there are a lot of folks out here that'll jump in to help. Just let us know. Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are just awesome! Thanks for the offers and kind words. So far, everything has been just great. The ins co. cut us a check to hold us over for a while and they put us up in the residence inn. They also have a house for us to live in until the house is rebuilt. The house is real close to our old house so at least the kids can still go to school with out having a major bus ride and they are close to their friends. I'll keep you posted and thanks again for your priceless friendship. You guys ROCK!!

JohnSWA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.