Military Order of the Purple Heart
Charity Bass Fishing Tournament
September 19, 2009
5:00 A.M. registration
6:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
$150.00 per two man team
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place
All Proceeds Benefit: The Fort Huachuca Warrior Transition Unit
The Forgach House for Battered
Hot Dogs and Hamburgers provided for everyone
Boater Name:_____________ Non-Boater Name:________
Contact Number:_________ Contact Number:_________
In signing this application, I hereby waive and release all other contestants, the host, sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims for injury and/or damage incurred in connection with this Tournament. I further understand and agree that I will forfeit my entry if I fail to appear at the specified time.
Make Checks Payable to: MOPH #572
To Pre-Register Send Payments to: 2160 E. Fry Blvd. #272, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
P.O.C. Allan Lee at [email protected] or MSG Sandy Silvas at [email protected]
All entries must be received by tournament officials prior to the start of the tournament (It is the responsibility of each participant to insure his entry is received by tournament officials.)
Late entries will not be accepted
1. All participants must be registered to be eligible for prizes.
2. Must be at specified area for weigh in by 2:00 p.m. (location will be disclosed at registration)
3. AZ Fish & Game Laws and Patagonia Regulations will be obeyed
4. You must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by an adult
5. Each Team weighs in a five (5) fish limit.
6. No alcohol or illegal drugs will be allowed on tournament boats during tournament
hours. In addition no person shall be under the influence of illegal drugs, alcohol or
prescription drugs which impair his or her ability to operate the boat in a safe
manner. Violation of this rule will result in the disqualification of all knowing
persons in the boat. Person(s) disqualified, will forfeit all prizes.
7. All U.S. Coast Guard rules apply to each contestant.
8. No more than two (2) anglers are allowed to fish from the same boat during tournaments hours.
9. A working livewell required. A forty (40) quart cooler rigged with aeration apparatus
is considered a minimum effective live well.
10. A working kill switch is required
11. Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) must be worn properly and kill switches attached
whenever the main (gasoline) boat engine is running and in gear during tournament
hours. Tournament hours are from the time you leave the start boat till the time you check-in with the check-in boat. Non-competitors are not allowed to be on board tournaments boats during tournament hours.
12. Weight is measured on an electronic scale. Weight is measured in pounds and
hundredths of a pound. All fish weighed for a given tournament must be weighed
on the same scale. In the event of a scale malfunction, the participating anglers, by
majority vote, may elect to re-weigh all the fish on a different scale.
14. Only Largemouth bass are permitted.
15. Minimum size is 12 inches unless otherwise indicated by the Tournament Director. Fish are measured on a “gator board” mouth closed and tail pinched.
16. The penalty for a short fish is loss of that fish and a one (1 lb) pound penalty.
17. The penalty for a dead fish is 1 pound for every dead fish brought to the scale.
18. The penalty for late check in at the end of the tournament day is one pound (1 lb)
per minute. After 15 minutes, contestant(s) are disqualified.
19. Final tournament position is determined by total weight of fish weighed in, less any penalties. Biggest fish weighed in will break ties.
20. (Competitors will be required to keep any dead fish they present at weigh-in)