Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its buzz here. I am planning on buying a fish finder, and would like one that is 100-180 bucks, and am wondering which brand is the best, and most reliable. Its between humminbird, Eagle, Garmen, and Lowrance. I have never purchased one before so your help would be greatly appreciated. Im planning on buying a fish finder that is "portable", your help is greatly appreciated,
BUZZ

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Unfortunately, I haven't had the good fortune of purchasing a new one yet myself :cry: , however, my bet is the majority of recommendations will be for the Eagle Fishmark 320 - $199. :roll:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Buzz,
Since there are already some suggestions for the Fishmark 320, let me give you another option...

The Lawrence X87!!! It's a GREAT graph and will work well for graphing fish in these lakes. The X87 has a 320X320 display resolution, 16 levels of Grayscale, 188 watts (RMS) (1500 watts peak-to-peak) Advanced Signal Processing (ASP) to enhance the picture display (automatically adjusts your sensitivity within a window (separate from AUTO mode) to clean up the display) and all of the standard tracking features you'll want from a modern graph. The skimmer transducer includes a water temp sensor and you can get a trolling speed/distance log as well. The trolling speed sensor is fairly accurate at high speeds too (as long as it's mounted properly)

This is a GREAT graph at about TWICE THE PRICE of the Fishmark 320 and best of all; Lowrance and Eagle are owned by the same company so they both have the SAME ELECTRONICS - just different enclosures.

Basically what I'm saying, without saying what those other two fellars said, is the FISHMARK 320 is a hot deal and if you're looking for a great graph at that price range - THERE IS NO BETTER OPTION than the Fishmark 320. ...in my own opinion.

Also, I'd HIGHLY recommend buying a RAM mount or a VERSA mount, if you're going to mount this on your front deck. I have a Versa Mount and it works great (Functionally) but if you look at the link I provide at the bottom, you can see all of the adjusting screws. They have a tendency to come loose and I have to tighten mine all of the time. I don't think you'll have this problem with the RAM mount. If you're mounting this on your console, check out a Johnny Ray Swivel Mount.

Ram Mount (may have to copy and paste this link)
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...rClassCode=1&hvarSubCode=10&hvarTarget=browse

Versa Mount (May have to copy and paste this link)
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...rClassCode=1&hvarSubCode=10&hvarTarget=browse

Johnny Ray Swivel Mount

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Fish finders

I just got a fishmark 320 and its alot better than the hummingbird that was on my boat. I have not learned all
the settings but I am getting there. Its worth the 200.00.
You can get one at wal-mart for 188.00 right here in town.
Joe C

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I bought an Eagle Fishmark 320 for the bow of my boat to replace the Lowrance flasher unit that was there. I love the Fishmark 320. It's a great fishfinder for the price and would recommend it. I bought mine for $200 plus shipping and handling from Bass Pro Shops. I would have bought it from Walmart for $188 plus tax had I known that Walmart was carrying them. The Fishmark 320 is not really a portable unit however. I can't give you advice on a portable unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts