Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of databases out there, but has anyone found one thats easy to use. I have years of logs from fishing tournaments I would like to put them into a program where I can call up a month and lake and retrieve the info. My wife keeps wanting to clean my file area and I'm afraid I'll find it clean as a whistle someday. :shock:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have kept logs for a long time. Excel is the base for my log. I started using one page per fishing day, and have these pages in the back of my book. I keep it inthe boat and I can check what happened last year, year before that ...etc. I now have the new and improved sheet that has 2 days on one sheet, I fill in the blanks and do a lot less writing. Using the old pages from previous years for references, I have checked areas that I fished the same day last year. That hasn't worked well for the exact date/location, because conditions this year are different than last year. But by trying places that were working before that date or after that date has helped put me on to fish. At the very least, it reminds me of places I should check out. I could send you a blank of what I use, and maybe it will help you develop one you like. Dave.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I'm not using a log right now, but if I did, I'd try using Microsoft Access. MS Excel would be the minimum I'd use, but with Access you can sort the information better and create your own custom reports. I'd much rather create my own than use a store bought version. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts