Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this talk of fishing and hair and nails... I have a true little stroy. John and I were going on a weekend fishing trip a few years ago, and of course John has to stop and get a certain type of worm. So while we are there I decide to pick out some worms of my own. And what catches my eye :wink: HOT PINK WORMS... I am in heaven... John says "YOU CAN'T USE THOSE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!" and makes it very clear to the guy checking us out that "she picked out those" I was determined to catch a fish on that pink worm. All I am hearing from John is "you're not going to catch anything" Needless to say.... :shock: he was right.. I fished for hours with that worm... not even a nibble. So he showed me what I can and can't use for what time of year...etc...etc... and it struck me..would I wear hot pink nail polish in January, HELL NO :!: So why would I fish with a hot pink worm (other than it's pretty) Now I know... if I would not wear it on my nails that time of year I will not fish with it that time of year! :D So you see it all goes together fishing and fashion! Whatever works 8)

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Stalker pay no attention to JOHN, hot pink worms work all year and some vary shades of pink as well.

I think hot pink nail polish would be hot in Jan.&Feb.. I will have to get some before the wonbass tourny then end of the month, to go along with my hotpink worms, Sheesh my Non boater will be in shock and never fish in AZ again. well unless he is um well different :roll:

Delw

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
:roll: Oh for crying out loud, are we now going to have to share the make-up aisle in Walmart with you guys!!?? Bad enough we are in your department now you'll be in ours!! Now we will have to post tips on nail color, etc.....me and my big mouth. :wink: secrets out!
Deb

·
Registered
356 Posts
you should see some of the looks i get when i'm buying fingernail polish for my jigs :shock: . i kind of dig it though when a female onlooker is watching me w/ her kid and when i notice she is she pushes her kid behind her, gives me a look, and bails. pretty sick i go through that type of shame to fish but hey, i guess i love to fish :wink: .

·
Registered
913 Posts
Skirts, Too Late. I know there are a few of us that hit the nail parlors or the chick's dept at Wally World. Like d-shot said, sometimes the looks are priceless. Sometimes I tell them why I'm looking for certain nail polish or foils, and sometimes I just let em wonder. Although I did have a gal at one store say, You fish don't you? Here husband had her bring stuff home all of the time.

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
BrownDog.... I don't have to I just wait for christmas, you see I have a 13 year old daughter and both grandmas and 2 aunts love to give Dani those big cheap nail polish kits, you know the ones with over 40 colors and some clear coat, theres even glitter in those colors now.
So when Christmas and b-days roll around I just Help my daughter open her presents, heck she dont need that stuff anyway.

Delw

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yeah Del, I remember those times of 'borrowing' the daughter's nail polish, or them stealing mine. Who would have ever thought that I would've been found wandering through the house trying to find out "Who stole my nail polish!" They are all out of the house now and the wife and dogs don't use the stuff. Soooo, I get to roam the women's depts.

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
LOL I like the word word and dept. When April goes shopping and tries stuff on, I hit the lingerie dept. Just tell women who look at me funny my wifes in the dressing room, to bad its on the other side fo the store LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
your right about not wearing it in January but fishing with it does work, it just matters what you use it with. There are many techniques that the worm can be used with and ill tell you that it does work, ive done it before. but that is a very good quote, i like it.
tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.