Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I could use a little insight. I know some of the zoners have been to Iraq and done some fishing, I am headed out pretty quick and could use a run down before I leave. Where is good, what do they hit on, recommended line test, types of fish etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Think it was jerks, cranks, shallow stuff over the grass. Good luck, come home safe. And thanks. Think Hitacraw should have a bunch more info for ya.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Bubba is the one you want to talk to, he did quite a bit of fishing there.
he posted some pics and some pretty good ideas on baits as well.

Delw
That fish he caught looks like a barramundi. If thats the case hes gonna have some fun. If im not mistaken there kinda like snook with no lateral line and fins similiar to tarpon?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dude, call me at 480-528-1935. I have the complete breakdown. The most common gamefish over there is the Aspius Vorax. Much like our brackish water Snook as mentioned earlier. It fights like a smallmouth. I've caught hundreds of em and know the deal. As a matter of fact, I have a smorgasbord of lures I will give you. I think I 'll be down your way next week. The Zoners hooked me up with a ton of gear while I was there, when I left I donated it to the MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) at Camp Liberty. Call me.

BUBBA OUT

·
Registered
220 Posts
I heard a RGP works well, seen it on Youtube...One shot feed the whole platoon and then some. It's called power fishing.

Be safe, keep your head down and lets hope this mess is cleaned up soon.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Be safe brother and hit up the zone if you need anything while in the sandbox; I'm sure all will help out as much as they can. God Bless.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
That fish he caught looks like a barramundi. If thats the case hes gonna have some fun. If im not mistaken there kinda like snook with no lateral line and fins similiar to tarpon?
there was a fishing show I saw,... schooled, or just got schooled or something, and that guy said those are Saddam Bass. A high-bred that he had created for himself. don't know the validity but that is what he said.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts