Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that actively fishing for 5 hours is the equivalent to running one mile because you're using so many muscles.

In 5 hours of fishing from a boat, based on my age, height and weight, I lose 907 calories. That's the equivalent to 1.5 Big Macs or 11 apples.

If you'd like to check out your own stats, go to www.caloriesperhour.com. Click on Calories Burned, BMI & BMR Calculator. Then click on Activity List. Select whether you fish from a boat or from shore and then fill in your personal info. I'd bet some of you bigger married guys could get more fishing time in by showing this to your wife (not to mention you'd probably be losing more calories than I do).

G

·
JIM this is great news!!!!

Now instead of the 5- 6 donuts per trip I can eat 1-2 dozen, bring on the sugar baby :lol:

Delw

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Yeah, and crankbaits will burn every bit of that and maybe more! Jim your research tells me I need to fish 4-5 days per week to lose this weight. Thanks! Now if I can just figure out how to make that happen....... 8)

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I forgot to add, when you bank fish here in Az with low water, you get to skip the fishing catagory and enter the HIKING catagory. Not too fun if youre out of shape. Another reason to get a boat. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts