Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be staying in a cabin for about a week up that way. Never been fishing up there. I saw on the map long lake which says it has trout, LM bass, and walleye. Anyone fish up that way??

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
long lake is closer to winslow,starlite pines,happy jack area. its a pretty good "kick" from showlow. fishing around showlow is:showlow lake,rainbow,hawlsey,fools hollow,black canyon,willow springs...few others i cant think of. unless there is another long lake? alot of good trout fishing on the reservation also.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
there is a long lake at show low buttttttttttttt, it is right next to the show low airport, I have seen it full enough for g and f to stock it with trout once in like 10 years, most of the time it is bone dry or has a little water in it. I imagine it is as jacktipsy says the long lake over near Clint Wells and from show low you would have a longgggggggg drive. Showlow lake still has the last 3 state records for walleye and the other lakes around there as stated above have trout, walleye, northerns, lg and small mouth bass. some of the local lakes like woodland, fools hollow have fishing docks for easy access

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Show Low Fishing

Gonna be staying in a cabin for about a week up that way. Never been fishing up there. I saw on the map long lake which says it has trout, LM bass, and walleye. Anyone fish up that way??
Send bassturd an IM. He lives and fishes up there!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Woodland Lake - Lakeside or Rainbow Lake if the millfoil is under control.

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 on the black river but for show low try fool hollow lake in the evining and showlow lake in the morning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts