Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
5,343 Posts
I have caught everything up to a 12.6 in az. they are fun,But once it is done there is still the catching of fish. i would rather catch consistent fish whether they are 1# 0r 5# as long as they keep biting.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
I've got to say, me being a newbie at fishing, I love to catch anything! I can't wait to get a big fish but in the mean time I love going out and pulling in anything that will bite. :roll: :lol: I have also really enjoyed just trolling around and getting to know the lake - depths, drops, structure etc. Heck just BEING at the lake is a joy for me! Having a good day? Celebrate it at the lake! Having a "please hurry and let this day end" day? What better therapy than the lake? And now being out at night a couple times - is there anything more beautiful and peaceful than the lake at night?! :wink: Great, now I've got to go to work but you can bet I'll be thinking about Sag! :lol:

· Registered
8,010 Posts
Good post, Daphne...sometimes those simple things you described are taken for granted. For so many of us (as much as we're on the water) we're so dialed into the fishing we forget those things. Mind you being dialed in is just fine though! :p Your time on the water will pay off and very soon you'll be dialed in!

G

·
Lone Ranger said:
My goal when I fish is to try to get a limit of 6 fish period, whether they are 1-2 pound average or 3-4 pound average or heavier. I have already caught my over 10# LMB in Florida but would like to catch an over 10# LMB in AZ. I know my time will come. One of the best days on Okeechobee I had was in the month of May when the bigger fish were leaving the shorelines with visible submergent cover (bullrushes, cattails, and maiden cane). The pattern was to fish the other edges and points of this cover. Water depth was only 4-5 feet. One day, from first light to 2 p.m. I caught one of my best 10-bass limits which was around 44#: (9#6 oz, 8# 4 oz, 8# 4 oz, 4# 8 oz, 4#, 3#8 oz, 3#, 2# 8 oz, 2#, 1#). I just followed the pattern and got a mixture of fish. Other times there were schools of 3-4# LMB and the crankbait pattern I used to catch them would get me a 35# 10-fish limit. I remember several tournaments that I had my limit in 15 minutes after my first cast. Those tournaments started at 7 a.m. and at 7:15 a.m. I had my 10-fish limit of 1-2# LMB. So again, I try to get my limit of fish, whether they are 1-2# size, 3-4# size or larger. 8) :?: Howard, is that 5 fish for the boater and 5 fish for the nonboater??? I've never heard of a 10 fish tournament.
:?: :?:

G

·
fishing question

Hey Guys,
I have been doing this bass fishing thing for a long time and here is my viewpoint. Each and every time you go out you have prepared yourself for only one thing THE BITE . After that many things happen, and i think what takes place next is what seperates the fisherman from the guy who's just out there to drown a worm. Catching fish is all some of us want to do, catching large fish is something you may never get to do. Try to enjoy each time out there and if you can,teach somebody something new.
SPRINT

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.