Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out this morning at the north ramp where I launched. It was still pretty dark out but there were active fish. Small school of stripers/whites chasing shad under that big light shining down. They pushed the shad up close to the bank so I threw my net and grabbed a few. Shad are only about 1 1/2" long but they work. Caught a few small stripers on them and caught a 1 1/2lb LMB on a sammy. He busted out aways and I threw it out. SMACK!! Set the hook and he was on, then off. Twitched it again and SLAM!! Got him! Threw around a bit more and nothing. Made it over to the marina and it was SLOWWWW!! I hit a few spots that always seem to have a good sized school of stripers and zilch. Talked to some guy on his house boat catfishing. He was using hotdogs at the bottom; 97ft deep. I watched him catch one about 8" long. He threw it back, loaded his hook back up and dropped er down again. BAM!! He caught a 3lber. Yep, he was all the way down. I moved along and saw a boil here a boil there but nothing major. Was fishing bby the walkway going to the marina and some young dude in his golfcart says "Excuse me sir, we don't allow any fishing inside the breakwall. You will have to go fish along the outside of it.". I smiled and thought "Oh, so now it is a breakwall again.". lol. I told him that if you are a member you can fish inside the "breakwall" and I happen to be. He said oh okay and left. He seemed like a nice kid so I was nice to him. I chased a few fish along the tires but the wind wasn't cooperating so I moved farther North so the Island blocked most of it. Nothing. Organized my tackle, took a short run on the main body to burn some fuel and loaded up. Left around 9:30am. It sure was nice to get out after about a month of just working. May have to go up again late tonight. Still haven't gotten my fix yet.
Tackle sure is organized though. lol.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
guess you didn't make it out in time with video camera? to chat with "harbor patrol"

thanks for the report

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have really only ever had issues during the day Fishless. Never made it to the gf's house to get it. Probably wouldn't have made it to the lake had I went over there. lol.
I asked her about going tonight since we got a babysitter for our kids but it looks like Karaoke it is! Yeah, at about 3am I will be wishing I was fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts