Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my old front finder to a Fishmark 320. I've had it on the water twice and could use some help dialing it in. I'm used to my old dummy proof Humminbird. Course when I'm on the water I fish and don't spend time dinking with the finder. I'll be on Rosey from about 10 am Saterday for the weekend. If anybody's on the lake and could offer some hands on advice I'll be on the red Ranger with a 150 rude. I am planning to pull the book out while on the water this time and see if I can learn the settings but some tips would help.

G

·
FishMark Emulater

I don't know if it will help you or not, but on the Eagle website you can download an emulater(spelling?) for the FishMark320. It allows you to play around with the settings and see what the changes do in realtime. It's also a good way to get to know how to navigate trough all the options and menus at home and not have to try and figure it out when your on the water. Give it a try! It's free to download.

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Here's the settings from my 320, hope it helps you.

Sensitivity=84
Grayline= 74
Surface Clarity=High
Noise Rejection=Med
Auto Sensitivity=OFF
Auto depth=ON
Chart Speed=100%
Ping speed=100%
Chart Mode=Grayscale
Fish ID=OFF

G

·
To Fish ID or not to Fish ID, that's the question?

Hey, the Pros all say to turn the Fish ID off, what's your opinion? When I turn it off, I never see those beautiful arches that your suppose to see. I do see the wads of baitfish, but as far as fish, nada. Is this because of my settings or what?

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Pigsticker, I see arches all the time. It might be your sensitivity setting is too low. Or your transducer isn't pointing straight down. In order to produce an arch either the fish or the boat must be moving.

Also, it helps to use the zoom function to view the arches.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You the best Da! We're out the door to make first light at Rosey.
Takes us about 3 1/2 hours from Prescott.
Thanks a bunch.
jeff

·
Registered
355 Posts
hey p/s, if you didn't have to much luck out at rosey tim horton in last iss. of bass west u.s.a. offered some good info. try your settings on two places on the lake that you know are hard and soft bottom (i prefer hard shapely ones myself) and make your adj.'s there. i did this a year or so ago out at sag. at the 2nd boat ramp and it made a huge diff.. the boat ramp is solid bottom and to the left of it is sand with rocks (soft bottom). all the other info posted is right on & you should be fishing right. ltr.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
d a or others, here's a question. When I am in shallow weedy water at Saguaro like 2-8 feet deep, my Fishmark 320 depth readings go haywire....like it displays 1,118 feet! Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Thanks Del. I checked the alignment and it looks like the bracket loosened up a bit, allowing the transducer to move off center. I readjusted the bracket and transducer and retightened it all down. I'll see if that fixes it. Thanks for the tip. 8)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hay Da, The settings worked great!
We got on the water right after the Allstar blast off.
Fished around windy hill playing with the graph mostly. Hit the SallyMay and lost 2 at the boat on cranks. One looked like a decent over. Then we lost the bite. I think I need to work at slowing down my presintation. Saterday night we watched the Allstar awards at the resort. I think I found that mystery blond beauty somebody seen awhile back ! :shock: Anyway, hit the water early today and had the lake to myself it seemed. Stuck a bunch of dinks and had fun! Had fun with a good working graph!
Drop shot, I been in Prescott since 77, worked as a carpenter then contractor. Qualetec Builders. Since 95 I've worked for Yavapai College in the Facilities department. Great job, lots of vacation time :D. I love Prescott, just wish it was about an hour closer to a lake. Pleasent is hour and a half thats the best I can do. I figure when I master Pleasent...............Right!
Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Glad to hear those settings worked for you! Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
355 Posts
hey delw did she gtad. h.s. there at p.h.s? i lived there from 77' - 92'. graduated in 91' p.h.s. mom still lives there! small world huh! ltr, mando

G

·
I think she was there much earlier. she graduated in 1982, her and her mom were only there for a few years.

Her mom owned that huge house off the main drag going into downtown on the left side. just before you go down the hill.
Ithink it was the goveners mansion.

Its the one that someone had rented out to people and was a relistate agency in the little house on the street.

Delw

1 - 19 of 19 Posts