AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use this for bass fishing? It works very well for the saltwater - P-Line FC

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Fourocarbon

I 6lb P-line Pure Flouro on my DS rod, 10lb on my senko rod and 12lb P-line Flouroclear(will be switching to Pure flouro) on my worm rod. Love it on all.

SteveM

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
I primarily use P-line FluoroClear With a couple rods with Trilene XT/XL when I want stretch. I still need to get some P-line pure fluorocarbon and try it out. My only advice is stay away from Berkley Vanish. It breaks-off way too often.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I use primarily use p-line flouroclear. 8 pound for drop shot and 15 pound for c-rig. Even on the longer leaders (3ft-5ft) for a c-rig I like 15 pound flouroclear. It holds up well and the heavier line ( I believe) slows the fall of the bait, especially those 4" roboworms. I'm going to spool up some 15lb flouroclear on my large Curado for topwater and spoons to see how that works. Don't follow my lead, I'm just a RookieBoy. :lol:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Rookieboy

Don't use Flouroclear for topwater! The line sinks and is not good for that application. I do like it for spooning almost as well as braid.

The pure flourocarbon is definitely stronger and has les stretch than the flouroclear. I am now using 6lb on my dshot rig instead of 8lb. The flourclear does handle better on a spinning reel though..

SteveM

·
Registered
355 Posts
flourocarbon line

p-line flourocarbon has been very good to me (different than flourocear) expensive but been put to the test and well worth it. bps has best price for spools.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you guys had any problems with the knots? I find in the 30# stuff that I have to lubricate with spit and pay attention to the knot to make sure it cinches. I am using a Rapala or trilene knot.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Thanks Steve! Retraction; 15 pound FLOURCARBON for topwater and spoons. Is that any better? Man I hope so, I have $12 worth of line I may not be able to use. :lol:

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
top-shotting? is that floating worm lingo stuff? Thanks Armando! You're always teaching me something! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use Vanish on most all my rigs. DA can attest to its strenght and durablity, as I let him use my DS rod rigged with 8lb Vanish today. He hooked a 9plus LM fought it to the boat and the fish "Vanished". The LM broke off at the side of the baot. About then, I wished I could have "Vanished". Denny was pretty cool, although at first I thought I was going to have to swim back to ramp #2. The only thing positive about the event was I learned some new cuss words. Rich

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Sorry Team donut lost a hog today. is it possible the line is perfectly fine until you accidently get some glaze on it or Lippy's favorite " jelly filling" on the reel? There's probably some sort of acidic residue in the donut that breaks the line down. Vanish is fine, switch from Dunkin Donuts to Krispy Cremes and see if we get different results. To have a fair survey or balanced results, better try Bashas donuts too! We need more applicants for the test! I hope we can find some 9 pound fish too! :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RookieBoy said:
Sorry Team donut lost a hog today. is it possible the line is perfectly fine until you accidently get some glaze on it or Lippy's favorite " jelly filling" on the reel? There's probably some sort of acidic residue in the donut that breaks the line down. Vanish is fine, switch from Dunkin Donuts to Krispy Cremes and see if we get different results. To have a fair survey or balanced results, better try Bashas donuts too! We need more applicants for the test! I hope we can find some 9 pound fish too! :lol:
I agree, but tell it to DA. I doubt he will speak to me for a week. Bet he never borrows another rig of mine. LMAO Rich

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
ouch...lost a 9? Bummer! I had problems with Berkley line in the past and wrote them a polite letter telling them how much I was dissapointed, and recieved 5 new spools of some new line they came out with...this was about 6 years ago though. Im still not a big fan of theirs, besides Big Game. Just my 2 cents
Jason

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Rookieboy

FLOUROCARBON will be worse for topwater as it is denser(like me) than the Flouroclear. Do you have the line already spooled?

WDW carries P-Line Flourocarbon in bulk spools. I left about half a spool of the old line on and had them filled from there. Any good flourocarbon line will be alot more expensive to put on, but you shouldn't have to change as often.

Amberjack

With Flourocarbon, if your knot isn't tied correctly, you will have problems. I have read that alot of pro's are using a SanDiego knot. One of the articles in this months BassWestUSA show a version of it that John Murray uses.

Here is the standard version:
http://shoreangling4u.tripod.com/knotguide/id30.html

SteveM

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you believe the posts on a couple of other boards, it's the best. Some guys who fish alot have had it on reels for a year or 2. At approx $20 for 130yds, vs $15 for 250yds for the P-line, it is more than 2x the cost. Is it worth it? I don't think so, but alot of people do(most of them affiliated with Yamamoto).

SteveM

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts