Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to fools hollow today. We got camp site set up went to put boat on and it poured. So we waited it out and fished for 3 hours, and have 2 dinks to show for it. What's the secret to this place. Just looking for some help with rigs and colors.we will be here all weekend.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
was there last weekend. spro frogs in morning and evening worked for us on main lake in the grass. buzzbaits along grass lines. cranks(crawdad pattern) the main thing i have learned over the years there is crawdad and sunfish imitation lures work best, since they dont have shad in that lake. also senkos. brown and green plastics. good luck.let me know how you do. we got some nice fish just not alot.jigs and t.r. around big boulders

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the help we will try it all.thanks again

·
Registered
346 Posts
Fools Hollow

I think your best bet would be a jerkbait. However be prepared to catch some Pike with this method, and please don't throw those back. Good Luck

·
Registered
762 Posts
Went to fools hollow today. We got camp site set up went to put boat on and it poured. So we waited it out and fished for 3 hours, and have 2 dinks to show for it. What's the secret to this place. Just looking for some help with rigs and colors.we will be here all weekend.
i was there till bout noon. left right before the rain hit. whew it was bad here at the house.

was there last weekend. spro frogs in morning and evening worked for us on main lake in the grass. buzzbaits along grass lines. cranks(crawdad pattern) the main thing i have learned over the years there is crawdad and sunfish imitation lures work best, since they dont have shad in that lake. also senkos. brown and green plastics. good luck.let me know how you do. we got some nice fish just not alot.jigs and t.r. around big boulders
that pretty much sums it up right there. add in spinnerbait and black green and brown jigs and you're set. 10,000 casts for one fish. we will fish the entire lake for 5 bites and sometimes not get all 5.

Only a Fool would fish that Hollow
only a fool would try to farm that hollow. get it right coach, cuz i fish it all the time and i aint no dummy.

·
Registered
762 Posts
our night trip was nothin short of f;n awesome. we caught fish all night long. i'll tell you bout it after tomorrow. fools at night is usually good. no trips this year yet. we sure missed you this year, we would have 10+ boats if you guys were here. maybe next year.
yep, only blue cats in there now. the fish in my avatar was the last one to come outa there.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just could not get it toghether to fish this year. I have only been on the water once all summer. However I just finished my carpet and dropped a minkota 101 on the front. So things will be looking up after my sept elk hunt to finally start fishing alot, good luck tomorrow at willow.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the final verdict on fools hollow is, it was tough. we caught 5 small and i mean small lm, and one really nice smallie. we worked for 2 days to catch the smallie. she came up after a buzz bait friday night, and we were able to get her up again saturday morning on a frog. got her to come up twice on the frog saturday night, and finally hooked up on sunday morning on a walk the dog bait!!! she was between 3 and 4 lbs and was worth all the stalking. but that was it, we fished our butts off and nothing else was going. storms had been rolling through there all week and i think that played a big roll in the lack of fish catching. it surly cant be that tough to catch bass there, can it?

·
Registered
762 Posts
this time of year can be brutal on all these lakes. i don't know what it is but its like they shut down right before fall and then turn on real good for a few weeks right when it starts cooling off. there is also ALOT more people fishing these lakes now. i don't know if they are taking them home or just the added pressure from all the people. it don't take long for them to clam up. thats the reason we have a week of no prefish for our tournaments. these lakes fish real small. i've even had a hard time the last few weeks just catchin a limit. i dont think the pike are the problem either cuz we're not catchin as many of them as we were. look at our club website and compare the wieghts from previous years. i need to go to rosey just to see if i can still catch some.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts