Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn darryl, you make us sound like a bunch of stuck up, unsociable, BACFs. most of us already have partners. there are only 3 of us that i know of that go south for winter tourneys. nate and i, kenny and his dad, and johhny and reese. you called mr to fish with you, but nate and i are a team, have been for a while and will be for a while . we fish good together, and that is hard to find. johhny and reese are the same way. hell, ive been called by a couple guys to fish with them that are very good here, but i had to pass. you say we have a "click" going on up here. yea, i guess we do, its the wht mtn bass club, call it what you want, but we have a lot of fun. we can fish at home, learn from each other and still make some money. you could join our "click" and fish with us next year. not everyone has an ego bigger than the front deck on that gambler. you have been to our meetings, and met most of the guys. why didn't you join and fish with us last year? there are a couple nonboaters that would probably go do some team tourneys with you if they knew who you are and had a chance to fish with you. did you try paradise upholstry in concho for your cover? i think they are the ones that made the one for my brothers boat. as my daughter says"don't hate, participate". i could go on and on but i'll leave this alone for a while. my name is doug and i'm a "clicker". see ya

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am sorryThat it came across as a bunch of stuck ups. That isn't what I meant. I did say it seems clicky,and it does to me. I have fished with Steve L. a few times and that was fun and enjoyable.Its just the people up here(Bassanglers)seem very stand offish to me. Probably I'm just homesick. I asked you to call me anytime to fish white mountain lake,because I have alot of passes you never called me. I came from a river town where anything you wanted for a boat or motor you could get right there. Many times when I was at a boat landing If there was somebody else putting in there bassboat alone you would ask them to go with you and they would and visa versa. the other person would just leave his boat at the landing. Up here on the mountain its hard to get another bass angler to talk to you. You remember Doug.... Your from here ,I'm not... this is my outside view. I tried to start a B.A.S.S. club and that went down the tubes after the first meeting. I like your club but it isn't for me. Its nothing about a ego I just like fishing bigger tournaments with bigger money. I purchased my Bassboat with a big motor so I can use it. your clubs tourneys are trolling motor only, no big motors allowed. I have a kinda run and gun style.I can't really do that in the little lakes your club fishes. I have nothing against small clubs. I know you don't know me but...you are dead wrong about "the don't hate participate" I don't really hate anything. Its just People around here aren't like anything I have ever dealt with. When I made the deal with Steve L. on my boat he about keeled over He said nobody has ever let him take a boat on payments that he set the amount he could pay ,with no interest. I took a $2,200 hit on that boat just being me . I really have no hate in my bones in anyway. To touch base again on ego bigger then my gamblers front deck.Thats pretty big!!!!! Nobody has ever before said I have a ego,and I respect your opinion. Just wish that you knew me before saying that. I don't think we have ever had more then a 100 words between us. I myself have no opinion of you because I don't know you,but from what I do know of you, you seem like a nice guy. My idea of a ego is a person who thinks he's cool, better then someone else, snobby,talks down to people,arrogant, I may be wrong but I don't think I have any of those traits. I came up from the trenchs so I know the value of a dollar. I am very generous I give away reels poles and tackle all the time just ask Steve. I talk to everyone so I guess I'm not snobby. I work seven days a week from 5:00 am to 8:15 everynight. For the first time in my life my wife and I have money. I travel across the country bassfishing because of my sponsors Burgess seed, not because of I can afford it. They give me money to do this.Almost every penny we make goes back into our businesses. We donate money to alot of things including your Bass Club $50.00 toward the big fish trophy . Doug I never got so much as a thank you from your club.To me, it was the exact same as me throwing that $50.00 out the window. Just because our goals are different in bassfishing doesn't mean there is one right and one wrong. My name is Darryl I am not a clicker I believe every Bassangler and me have something in common.
Darryl Mathews :?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
I am very generous I give away reels poles and tackle all the time just ask

SO whatcha giving away?. I am looking for more curados and diawa rods(the older team diawa ones). 8)

As far as the bigger tournys (in central az)they are manily held on one lake in AZ and thats Lake pleasant. very few on roosevelt anymore.

then you have the option of lake mead and havasu.

Az is no way near like back east as far as big tournys go.

ABA has a decent circiut going ABF and the monterey tournys
other than that its just the little clubs

Everstart and won bass pro ams will be at pleasant in jan and feb.

Time to pack up the boat and head down to phoenix. ABF on the 20th of dec and Monterey on the 6th of dec.

For bass fishing you definatly moved into the wrong part of AZ. granted there are some real nice bass lakes up there but if you want lots of tournys better think central az.

BTW my Cajun has a bigger deck than your Gambler :p

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cajun

Hey Delw,
I know the boat I mentioned in my last post was a Paul Elias fishing Edition (Cajun) most fishable boat I hace ever owned or fished outta in my opinion. I think I have fished out of most of them.
Toodles,
Darryl

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Hey Darrell, Get off of the mountain and come to the flatlands to fish,( unless you like cowbells). it is going to be tough to find a partner, I know of a guy that is thinking about it, Had to go outta state for work for a few days. It will happen give it time!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fercripesakes! Ya say ya got no big ego? Read yer own posts agin. Jest 'bout evrythin' ya writes is how good ya are, how nice yer boat is, how big yer motor is! Yer braggin'. Ya keeps tryin' to impress people dammit. I'll tell ya what, try a dose a humility once in a while.

Ya ain't gonna win no friends comin' to town and badmouthing stuff either! Whinin' 'bout not bein' able to pick up spark plugs fercripesakes. People bein' standoffish? Ya don't really care for this state? Ain't no wonder ya don't have any friends. If'n ya don't have anything good to say 'bout somethin'..............

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sourpuss

You are right!!!!! I am the biggest snob in the whole world. My boat is my dream boat. saying how good I am. Thats not how I meant you to take it. I really don't care to try to impress people. Just want to fish. But thanks for your response I will really look deep into myself. OKAY I looked !!!!!!! How about this... Gamblers are pieces of junk. I don't know how to catch fish.My big motor is slower then my trolling motor. And I wish I could find some plugs for my truck because all they have is marine stuff up here.
Have a great Day !!!!!! :roll:
Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i never said you had the ego. there are a feww guys in the club that do,but don't let that deter you from fishing with us. and i owe you a thank you. i won the club championship and big fish this year, so thank you for your part of that money. i totally forgot that you were putting money in. that was way back in the spring,wasn't it? lopez is a great guy, i'm happy for him that you gave him that deal so he could have a boat. i wish someone had been there for me like that when i was in the market. you really should consider coming out with us for at least one or two tourneys this spring. they are close to home, and not real expensive. get to know "some of us" and i think you will find more than enough partners for any tourney. nate and i are fishing the aba again this year. if you find a partner,you are welcome to come along,compare notes, tell lies or whatever. we always team up with kenny and corky and a few other guys from other places and have a great time. we don't always catch fish or even get a check, but we have just as much or more fun than anyone there. don't pay any mind to the post from sourpuss,he is always raising a ruckus with somebody. keep those passes handy for wht mtn lake. i might get time this spring to come out. remember, we be mtn goats and we be proud of it. see ya doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Darryl

How long have you lived in az?,
cause you dont know much about this place. The only towns that have boat supplies are Phx and tucson maybe sometimes flagstaff.
Most autopart stores dont carrry marine plugs even napa doesnt carry most plugs.

Those are the three major cities(and they dont have all the boat parts you need I still have to order from out of state.)

little towns like the one you live in dont cater to bass fishermen(actually yours is probally the only little town in this state that does have bass fishing stuff) fishing is not big in AZ like other state, since the out of starters moved into this states its hard to find hunting and fishing crap in little stores.
up north is primarily a gay bass area..

Also in little towns like where you live they dont have alot of things, In my opinion I wish they would stay that way LITTLE.
Prescott used to be a small town till the antichrist from CA. took over now they destroyed it. only thing you find in quantity in prescott is ****,Lawyers and doctors.

There are still a few decent people that live up there but very few anymore.

So your going to have to get with the program and start fishing the lakes down here in central AZ wether you like it or not.
you will have to probally fish alone for a while or just show up at a tourny and find someone whos partner didnt show up(it happens) alot. people will generally help someone who is launching them selfs if you ask..

After a few months you will find a partner.

Good luck
Delw

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Doug

Congrats on the win. The only time you and I ever talked is when we talked about you wanting to shut down you know who in the club tourneys.I urged you on and said GO GETTEM Looks like you did it "GOOD JOB" I'm sure you figured out that that is the main reason that I showed up at your weigh in. Was basicly to cheer on you and Steve. That was a nice fish you guys weighed in.
Hope we can fish together someday.
See you on the fishing field,
Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Darryl :D , oh Darryl :( , dont worry about what people think, if you do that then you are just foolish. If you fish well then great, Join a club. As for your boat well.......it's nice. I didnt catch how many horses you had but I'm sure it's a lot! SO.......Does that mean something? I perfer Champion Boats :wink: , I really dont like the Gambler Boats :p :p ...SO What! Maybe you can teach me a few techniques that may improve my fishing. That's what I'm looking for from peoples posts. Besides not having a GAMBLER! :p :p enlighten me on your favorite technique to bass fishing. Chris (Slotking)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Slotking, You asked I answered

My favorite way to catch bass is using a 1/4 oz jig on the slop.
I like a j mac 1/4 oz brown jig with a 3" kalin junebug grub on one rod and a 1 oz. j mac black jig with a 4 " black kalin jig on the other. Both jigs are swimming jigs. You use them the same way you would use any bait on the slop except when you come across holes (pockets) you can let your bait fall down inside them.I like this better then plastics, because you get a better reaction bite. It falls moderately fast and after the fish has followed your bait under the slop and it falls in front of its nose they just whack it. I use the 1 oz. jig when your pulling your 1/4 oz jig across the slop and get a big blow up and the fish misses the jig the bass is generally searching(hunting) the bottom for what it just hit. immedeately throw that 1 oz. jig into the blow hole and about and I say about 100% of the time you will get a super hard bite. A rubber worm is uses sometimes for this but I think the 1 oz jig is better because I like the big splash the jig makes when it hits the slop and I like how it sinks so fast and leaves a very large profile on the bottom. I like the black on black the best for this because the bass is tearing up the bottom for what it just missed and it makes the water around that blow up very muddy . For the one oz. jig pole I use a St. croix 7'6" heavy action flipping rod with 30 lb. tuf braid and a ABU 521 with a hawg handle . For the 1/4 oz rod I use a 7' St. croix Avid medium heavy,30 lb. Tuf braid and a Chronarh S.F. Theres not much slop fishing in this state but I did some on the Ca. delta this year and that is my favorite way to catch big fish in the midwest. That 1/4 oz. jig is also my favorite bait when skipping docks I use identical reel and line except I use a G. loomis GLX medium heavy 6'6" .I realize that underneath docks is generally clear water(weed free) but I'm going again for a reaction bite and generally you'll get the bite within the first 6" of the fall of the jig and theres alot of posts and cables under and around these docks and you need to get there heads up and keep there heads up.Thats why I use braid. For flipping docks I use mono.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Perplexed

Okay guys, I contacted Darryl since he was looking for a partner to fish with. I knew it was late and everyone was paired up, as most of our circuits start in November. Since the layoffs up here it has been hard for me to get the time off to fish them. I told him I would look at the schedules to see what jived with my work schedule. Also that we should fish and see if we were compatible. We went to Roosevelt for a day and it was enjoyable. His gambler is a great ride and very fast. I found that the Allstar team schedule was a good match with my work schedule. I will only have to trade one shift. Now the confusing part I cannot seem to get a hold of Darryl. I have sent e-mails even posted here, even tried a couple of times on the phone. Anyway now that I have the time and the wifes blessing I :shock: may be looking for a partner.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
darryl, if you want to hang with big boys in the west on OUR lakes you need to change your eastern tenderfoot tactics pick up a dropshot rod and head for 50 feet if you can fish that deep

·
Registered
175 Posts
You TWEEKED MY EGO

I'm not sure I want to hang with the big boys of the west as you say. I have met several big west boys and have fished with a few in the past and they seem very nice. I have met Ish M., Robert L.
Alton J. Bobby B. Steve S.and a few others. I also like how you put Caps. in the word our. Well now that I have fished some of these AZ. lakes/ponds LOL I now refer to them as my waters. But I certainly won't get upset if you fish my waters. You see the world is my stomping grounds. OH OH another funny !!!!! I hope you don't get upset if we compete against each other in a tournament. Because it is really bad to get spanked on YOUR waters. As in drop shotting I have had plenty of practice with that on the delta CA.
I'm not too worried about catching bass in 50 ' of water I'm sure I can manage. Kistler sent me some sticks that I think will work just fine. Thank you for your concern
Darryl
P.S. I am learning spooning,I could use some help at that

1 - 20 of 22 Posts