Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey del, my 2 year old boat has some craks(6) on the left side of the motor and 1 each along the front deck on the inside, one of which runs all the way to the bow. my dealer says they need to get estimates to get it fixed. do you think they will just reglass these cracks and send me on my way, or should i be thinking about new color schemes for my new hull? thanks,doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What kind of boat is it? Also which dealer? How deep are the cracks.If they are just fine cracks in the clearcoat they will probably just repair them. I was told they are cosmetic and didn't hurt anything where I bought my boat. The problem was my cracks went deeper into the transom. Now the warranty is gone and I have a bad transom. I am still trying to resolve the problem. They knew the transom was bad when they glassed over it. Anyway if they repair the cracks make sure the damage isn't deeper if it is DEMAND another hull before its to late. I wish I had been given this advice when I first had my problem.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
If they insist on just fixing the problem make them warranty the hull for a few extra years or go to a fiberglass expert for a more thorough written documentation of the damage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2002 skeeter sx 190,from tempe marine. i found the cracks last year after a bad day on pleasent. went airborne a couple times,not by choice. the cracks on the front deck are clear thru, no doubt. i'm not sure about the transom. how do you tell how deep they go? i found 2 more small cracks on the inside top of the transom today. i hope skeeter will make this right, i've had patched up boats before, thats one of the reasons i got a new one.could there be a structural problem with the entire boat since i have cracks on both ends? i've never ran into anything. just some bad waves now and then. i'll get the boat to them soon and get the ball rolling after the dec 13 apache and we'll see what happens. i'll keep you posted on the progress. thanks for the insight. see ya , doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive had internet friends that had the same problems but mainly with boats 5 years old or older. skeeter replaced 3 of those boats, the other 2 one just upgraded to a new boat and the other the guy was on his 2nd hull and skeeter said he was abusing it.(he had a 12" jack plate on it).

I am sure tempe marine will do you right and so will skeeter.
it never hurst to get a second opinion though, you might have to make a drive down to phoenix to get one though

Delw

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you going to apache on dec 13? if so,look me up. you'll know who iam when you see me. we've met at pleasent before. thanks again. see ya,doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am the guest from above. As Delw said Skeeters seem to be pretty good at resolving this problem. Unfortunatly my boat is not a Skeeter and I did not get it from Tempe Marine. I wish I had. If the dealer doesn't step up soon I will reveal the brand and information. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
This is one of the problems with Skeeters especially their 18 to 19 foot series. if it is under warranty, they have to fix it!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, if you see a green and white skeeter in the back of a certain cove at pleasent..... DO NOT go near it......especially if there is a red headed guy on the back deck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts