Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Tucson yesterday and I parked my truck in front of my son's driveway. Lo and behold I walk out and I see a parking ticket on my windshield. I say WTF? It read, "in violation of blocking a driveway", 175 bucks! Now I have property in Tucson and have been going there for several years and have never received a ticket for this, it's my sons property. So I'm going to contest the ticket and tell the judge it's our property. Think it will work?

Check this out if I don't pay it on time it goes to 250! RIDICULES!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Where is the property? I know they have been tickiting near UofA. Some of the dumbass college kids can't seem to figure out not to block peoples driveways, alleys, gates, garages. I live near Grant and Campbell and have college renters at the house across the alley. Constant ordeal getting in and out of my garage. Every fall I have to break in a new group of tards. I'm sure if you explain the situation you'll beat the ticket. Still a PITA!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep the property is on Waverly right by the UMC. My son is in medical school and I have a parking permit on my dash that allows me to park there.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Im pretty sure it's illegal to block a driveway kon. If you were on the street then you arent on his property. Even the side walk isnt his property.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think I'm pretty well out of the 175 Texas, and common sense tells me that, but it's still absurd to have to pay 175 for a parking violation. I'm sure the judge will tell me it's a city ordinance or some BS like that. Still pisses me off, and will fight it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Won't do you any good to fight it. Doesn't matter if it's your sons house or your own you're still breaking the law by parking in front of a driveway. I've known people that have been cited in Glendale for the same thing. Just another revenue builder.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Won't do you any good to fight it. Doesn't matter if it's your sons house or your own you're still breaking the law by parking in front of a driveway. I've known people that have been cited in Glendale for the same thing. Just another revenue builder.
not nescessarily. Judge has alot of power. I got a ticket for dumping an ashtray out on the street (I was younger and stupider, I pickup others litter now). When I went to court to oppose the ticket and I said friends had borrowed my truck and it was making me sick. Judge through it out. Go plead your case what do you got to lose? JMHO

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
It's a very old law but it really is designed to keep access ways open for emergency vehicles, such as a horse and water buggy that had limited water, the closer the better. It simply so they can pull into property if necessary, grant it a curb is not a big obstacle but some one was bored when you decided to park there.
fyi we spell it(Tucson) Look forward to seeing you on cops lol

Sep. 17--You say you've always parked your car on that dirt strip by the curb in front of your house. You say your wife always parks at the curb facing the wrong way. You say your son's car is partly blocking the driveway, but, hey, it's your driveway. Each one of those infractions would cost you $150 if the city actually enforced the parking laws in your neighborhood. Guess what? It's starting to do just that. Parkwise, the city's parking-enforcement arm, has traditionally operated in neighborhoods where residents are affected by overflow parking from Downtown, Fourth Avenue businesses and the University of Arizona and the guy who did on Waverly by UMC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts