Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one catch -it's at the bottom of Lake Pleasant.

Here's the story.

Me and my friend Eric decided we are going to fish the Open tmx. on Saturday, so with that in mind me and David (my lake pleasant expert buddy) went out this morning to do some prefishing and to let David show me some spots. We got to the lake and put the boat in the water and I decided to fish a little while I waited for Dave to take the truck and trailer back to the parking lot at the top of the ramp. I was fishing with a nice bait-caster that I borrowed from Eric because all I have is spinning reels. Anyways, Dave gets back to the boat, I climb in, place the rod with my other rods in the back of the boat, and we head off up the lake. We get to the first spot and I reach down to get Eric's rod -then I start looking around the boat for Eric's rod --then I realize Erics rod is not in the boat. Where is Eric's rod? Apparently, as we headed across the lake (the water was really choppy and we were bouncing around quite a bit) the rod bounced out and sank to the bottom in water most likely over 100 feet deep. Oops -Sorry Eric.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
From the description of where you may have lost it, I am guessing it is right next to one of Toad's. We lost one of his in choppy water. It was the maiden voyage of this rod and reel.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will send my highly trianed bass down there to get it back for you, for a case of Coronas!

·
Registered
204 Posts
very special guest

Delw said:
Carp that sucks. I have 2 diawa procasters and 2 curados only 1 day old sitting in the bottom of the lake.

You going to the deal tomorrow night for the food? I will be there

Delw
There's a brand new invention that just came out for those problems. They're called tie down straps :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha yes it is.

my tie down staps broke so did the seat my daughter was sitting in. all happened when I hit one of those HotBoat wakes and came 5 feet out of the water...

Delw

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Isnt it funny, just by the topic line, how many people have looked at this so far today?
Jason
PS-I wonder if I posted 'Free hot dogs' how many people would look!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jason R

Jason R -sorry if my topic line suckered you into reading something you didn't want to read. I was just trying to tell my story in an interesting way. I personally read alot of posts on this site that are just you and your buddies talking back and forth and I have yet to comment on that even though you guys could just as easily use e-mail for that stuff.

OK -I'm climbing off the soap box now.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
HUH? I wasnt even saying anything negative, I just thought it was a bummer you lost a rod over the side. You took it the wrong way.
Jason

·
Registered
815 Posts
this is what happend to me, I had just bought a new very nice abugarcia baitcasting reel. On my fist trip with it, i left it and didnt realize it untill i got home. So i bought another one. That same month, i went to Canada for some pike and smallies, first day i droped it over the side! :( What bad luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts