Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friendly, simple New Year's Day get-together at Pleasant on Thursday. Meet at the 10-laner. $50 per team (two people). Hours are 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.. Five fish limit (12 inch minimum). Winner-take-all unless there are more than 15 boats. If more than 15 boats(which seems likely now) then 3 places. No sniveling bullcocky. This is just a fun way to add competition to a pre-fish for a tourney next weekend. If there is sniveling then you will be asked to hit the road, with a gentle nudge in the behind. Jeff McClure will be the presiding tourney director. All those interested then show up and have fun. If not then I wish you all a prosperous new year. Later....
Thanks, Dreamer

p.s. Any Questions? Email me at [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal. It should be fun...the more the merrier. Jim Furr and John Murray used to have the same kind of informal deal every year. I just coaxed a friend to carry on the tradition....it is a good way to stay out of trouble on New Year's day.
See you there Del.

Dreamer

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kilduff will be there. Especially since he just won a tourney there, that guy fishes in his sleep. Some other people TENTATIVELY are...Ken Howden (Holiday Marine), Bob Hayn, Sean Woolsey, Dean Farrell, Jeff Walker, Al Dollarhide, Don McBride, Todd Carrier, and Brad Hartman (I haven't called him yet). These are just some of my friends, Jeff McClure will bring his Tempe Marine friends along too. They have a 159 and a half man team (seems like), so if 15 and a half show up then we will have a good draw. I will call Molinari because he used to fish in Furr, Walker, Murray and Wheeler's old New Year Day deals. Remember, just for FUN is the rules. This is a FRIENDLY, JOVIAL get-together. Winner-take-all unless we get more than 15 boats.
Later, Dreamer (Tom Loughran)

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yea, it is kind of a late notice but some of the guys here might get into it. Flippin Stick? Da? JasonR? Skunked? Ummm...Tinstar? I am sure I am forgetting many.........come on out and forget about that hangover. Good clean fun.
Later...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
wife is watchin grandson new years eve.maybe "team shot" can make it.(d-shot,splitshot),hopefully boss will let us off at 5am,instead of 7am. hope to cya all there!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll be there !

Tom , after reading your post I called Tim Pavkov and he said lets do it. So we'll be there. We had a good day on Monday at Pleasant.
Later, Tin Star

·
Registered
355 Posts
splitshot, got the go from the boss so team "shot" is on (hope the sticks are?). see you guys out on the dance floor. ltr.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New Years Day

Hey guys, just a note on the New Years deal. We'll meet up at 10 Lane and will head out at 7:00. We'll get names and admission at the dock. Everyone must sign in and pay BEFORE the fun begins. Please remember this is NOT a formal event (tie's not required!), and the goal is to have a good time doing something we love to do. We still need to be safe, keep the fish alive and.....be nice! I'd like to only weigh bags that are close to the top to eliminate wasting time and camping out. If you have any other questions or concerns you can email me at....

[email protected]

See ya at the fishin hole! Be safe!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts