Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great two weekends at Rosey fishing frogs. Caught mostly slots and 5 overs. All in the muck and briers. Should get better as the weathers cools. shoring plates 9-28-09 004.jpg

Rosey Bass.jpg

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Thanks for sharing. i will try to get out there on Saturday and throw the SPRO! Kermit is already tied on.

Nice fish too!!

There were some nice lay downs up in the Salt river end of the lake, did you throw in there? Last time I was therte I tried it, but no takers at that time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rookieboy...thanks. The biggest was 5.2, 3.5 with the smallest at 1.5. I threw Kemie in the back of the muck and laydowns all morning. Got 2-3 overs each day with 8-10 blow-ups on it. Got to get it in the middle and walk it out to the front. They smacked it after 3-5 twitches.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I'll throw mine on braided line on top of the logs and wait five seconds, then I'll take the line in my hands and ease that frog gently into the water so it's up against the log and whamo! That frog gets nailed!

I think the fish can feel the vibration when that frog lands on the log and they just can't take it anymore as they are looking upward waiting for the frog to fall into the water, then all of a sudden, there's kermit, in the water, pinned up against the log, now's my chance to eat him! whamo!

it sure is fun!! I like the Spro jr. in neon. it's a fish getter!!

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm pretty excited now to get out there and give it a try. thanks for the feedback!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rookieboy...no problem. I love froggin. All of the bass inhaled to frog and you definitely need 65 lb braided line. No way mono is going to stand up to the logs and debris.

Unfortunately, I can't get to Rosey for the rest of the month. But will try it on the Colorado river back waters in three weeks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Nice fish mark. Looks like a blast. I've never hooked up on kermit. Always pull it outta there mouth. Gotta remember to look at my partner and ask "did you see that?" and then hookset the next time I go froggin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts