Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a garage sale in the east valley near Ray and Mcqueen off Orchid that has three tackle boxes of fresh,salt and fly fishing gear.some of the lures look really old but are brand new in box.I bought a couple of Heddon lures that say" By James Heddons sons".
one is a "top sonic" and another called"sonar" as well as a few others. there were also Hula poppers,Jitterbugs,Johnson minnows as well as some big lures that looked like AC plugs. there was a lot of stuff but I did not have time to look much. also Reels baitcasting,spinning and fly. he will be doing it again tomarrow.I got 7 lures for 20.00 and 3 or 4 were brand new never even out of the box. if interested I will try to give better directions.

G

·
Jack

Hang on to those sonics or anything with hedden on it, especially the ones in the original box. Some of those sonics will bring 20 to 50 bucks a pop on e-bay. Some of the early jitterbugs bring good money also, especially the wooden ones. Any time you can find heddon's in the box grab them. Even grab empty heddon boxes, I have some boxes worth 75.00 bucks a piece. Collector's will pay top dollar just for a box to match the lure. If you have the time go back and get anything new in the box. If you have any q's about what he may still have call me. 480-827-9598

2Dogs

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well 2Dogs I wish I could go back but I have to work in the am.He had several Heddon lures in boxes and the 2 I got have never been opened.How much do you think those two lures might be worth?..If anybody mants to check it out I will try to give directions...Going south on McQueen from Warner rd you would turn left on Orchid (east) then go to the stop sign and turn left then take the first right then the first left then follow the signs.

G

·
Jack

Book value on the sonics is between 15 to 30.00 bucks. A lot depends on color and how bad a person needs that lure. Hang on to them, it might just get you into collecting older lures. Plastics have become popular in the last few years, the Japanese buy a lot of plastics do to the high cost of older wooden lures. I did go out there and picked up most of his other stuff, nothing earth shattering but good stuff to have. Thanks for the directions.

2Dogs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts