Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, before I start work, how do you go about fishing Patty super early? Thinkin about heading down there this Sat morning, but I always like to be on the water before the sun comes up... Do you have to wait till the gates open? I've only fished it once before way back when, and we got there like mid morning so everything was already open. Is it you be there all night the night before or else you have to wait till they open the gates? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The gates automatically open at 4am. Make sure you have your pass displayed or you will get a receipt asking for payment later.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
There will be a ton of boats there Sat as this is the weekend of the Purple Heart tourney. Which as soon as the gates open there will be vehicles coming in.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dang. I forgot about the Purple Heart tourny. You might want to go next weekend.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gates automatically open at 4am. Make sure you have your pass displayed or you will get a receipt asking for payment later.
Good to know... Is it a ticket for not paying, or do you just pay when you leave?

There will be a ton of boats there Sat as this is the weekend of the Purple Heart tourney. Which as soon as the gates open there will be vehicles coming in.
Great to know, don't want to be out in the crowd. Wish I was fishing it though, if only I had the money for a boat. Maybe next year I'll get some money and be a backseater.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
990 Posts
patty is all i fish (is close enough). sometimes they dont even shut the gate. but just be there by 4 am. it is a fairly small lake, u dont want to be there when a tourny is in progress.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
patty is all i fish (is close enough). sometimes they dont even shut the gate. but just be there by 4 am. it is a fairly small lake, u dont want to be there when a tourny is in progress.
Yeah, I like to stay away from the crowds. We're trying to get my buddies fold-a-boat and go hit vaca cause it sounds like it would be a pain in the as$ to even get a little aluminum on a trailer in there right now. Crappy as$ monsoon...

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's not a ticket. More of a reminder to stop by the front and pay. They write down your information so they know if you pay or not. But it's not a ticket...just a reminder

Good to know... Is it a ticket for not paying, or do you just pay when you leave?

Great to know, don't want to be out in the crowd. Wish I was fishing it though, if only I had the money for a boat. Maybe next year I'll get some money and be a backseater.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. We've decided to just head down to Vaca anyway, and if we have to hand carry the aluminum to the water, so be it. Don't want to battle the lines at the gate and all the boats on the water at Patty. Hopefully we'll be the only boat out there. I'll be sure to get a pic or two of the old dam, cause I'm sure it's now way out of the water, and I'll post a report on Sunday.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Thanks for the info. We've decided to just head down to Vaca anyway, and if we have to hand carry the aluminum to the water, so be it. Don't want to battle the lines at the gate and all the boats on the water at Patty. Hopefully we'll be the only boat out there. I'll be sure to get a pic or two of the old dam, cause I'm sure it's now way out of the water, and I'll post a report on Sunday.
looking forward to the pics and report..good luck..and throw some blue as the bass should be munching dragonflys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts