Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a vague question, with multiple answers, but here goes.

What are the go-to baits in the fall/winter in AZ? I understand that they will vary by time of day and weather etc., but if the group would list a few, I could use the common denominators as a place to start.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
512 Posts
HEY SODA THIS IS MY TAKE ON WHAT WORK'S FOR ME, WITH THE COOLING WEATHER YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE BASS WILL NOW BE MORE ACTIVE DURING THE DAY THAN IN THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS, IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THEY WILL BE SHALLOW EARLY TRYIN TO GET SOME SUN, I START MY DAY BY THROWING A TOWATER POPPER LIKE A RICO, OR A WALKBAIT LIKE A SAMMY 85, OR 100, THE BAITFISH, LIKE SHAD AND CRAWFISH IN THE LAKE ARE AT FULL MATURITY, SO IT DOESN'T HURT TO TOSS BIGGER BAITS, D-SHOT RIGGS WORK GREAT YEAR ROUND, I ALSO LIKE PRO LINE JIGS, AND REMEBER LOOK FOR THE SHAD BOILS IN OPEN WATER, TOSS CRANKS, AND EVEN TRY SWIMMING A YAMAMOTO TWIN TAIL GRUB :D
  • "BORN TO FISH"

G

·
Everything that works in the summer works in the winter, youwill find fish both deep and shallow all times of the year

Granted some things work better than others.

Delw

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
As winter approaches and arrives just remember to slow down presentations and down size lures during a tough cold front.

G

·
What has worked for me during winter time on Canyon and Apache
and are my main stay baits,
1. Blades 1 1/2 ounce J&J free arm ledge busters in white
2. Spoons 1/2 ounce & 1 ounce crippled herring and Hopkins
and 1/2 ounce J&J drop spoon and a 1/2 ounce J&J swimming spoon
(when bass are busting the swiing spoon does great ) they both work when pitched at cover.
3. Jigs and more Jigs black/blue
4. C-rigs small baits
5. C-rigged jerk bait (pointers)
6. saltwater rattle traps firetiger and then chrome 2 ounce up to
3 1/2 ounce.
7. And as Dewl says there is always fish shallow I dont care if it is snowing on Apache i have caught them in 2 feet of water try split shotting a worm.

To sum it all up if you have a bait that you have faith in then use it year round it will work you may just have to try using it in a different way ( think out of the box)
Good Luck

gcbaitman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts