Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many thanks in advance if anyone can help
here is my problem i know how to use my gps and i know how to use my laptop but how do i get them to work together :?
i have a garmin etrex vista handheld it has great graph but it is small can i put the graph on my laptop :?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hhave the cable and yes i can download and upload i have a program trackmaker but i would like to get the graph from the gps can you refer me to a good program that will decifer
thanks delw

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I use the Arizona Topo mapping program by National Geographic. It works great and will show my routes and tracks in 7.5 min scale. All i do is plug my GPS (Garmin e-map) to the comp and turn it on. The mapping program is set up to download off of gps's

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boatcop what kind of format are those topos in
i know i need gmt to use my program but i am not sure how to calibrate the maps or even get them to my prog.. most you find are in zip files and im not good with zips... i seem to lose them more than i lose fish :lol:
im new to this gps and computer thing working together :oops:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
I have that same national geographic program, its the best I have everseen, Ive used lots of map programs. Ive had mine since the first version.
I have never used a gps on one yet.

Oh yeah I will probally see my buddy with the plane today, and I will ask him. Seems He set me up for a install in mexico Which I refused to goto. well he talked me into it and now he wants me to FLY to nogalos. I hate to fly. then the kicker was he is flying me in a little tin can with 2 engines. what the hell is wrong with driving anymore :roll:

2 things I always refused to do..

Flying and going across the boarder , and now it seems I am going to do both in one day :shock:
better make out my will,

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.