Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Bartlett from about 230pm till dark. started off a little slow, only landing a couple fish on DS. Then we decided to make a move into the river and boy was that a good choice, for about the last three hours of the day we killed em on white spinnerbaits. ended up with 26 fish, but the surprising thing was we probably had 7 or 8 "overs" and mostly everything else was upper slot. very good quality of fish! this was a very very welcome change from the shitty night fishing weve had this summer. big fish was 3.5, on a white blade.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres NO slot on Bartlett, so I am guessin they were 16+" fish?

Blade bites are a blast

ya I know there is no slot at bartlett. i was just using the slot as a way to describe the fish we were catching. It had to have been one of the best days quality wise that I have had in years. and I totally agree, blade bites are the best, especially today when every hit I had they wanted to rip the rod out of my hand. awesome day! I hope its a sign of things to come

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
if you hadnt told everyone about it, it would probably last a few more trips. :wink:

·
Registered
153 Posts
theres NO slot on Bartlett....
Very true and the fishing there is... fantastic and has been for years. Gosh, I think the slot is needed on all AZ lakes if we consider how good the fishing is at Bartlett. Wait, there is no slot on Bartlett. It doesn't compute that the fishing there is good. It should be bad, right? Man I'm so confused.

No slot great fishing on Bartlett, no slot great fishing at San Carlos, slot and great fishing on Roosevelt and Alamo. Hmm... does the slot even matter? Give you one guess.

Let me give you a little hint, water level matters as does water quality. The more water the more food the bigger and more the fish. The slot has minor effect.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Thanks for the report! +1 to blade bites, that's always fun!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Very true and the fishing there is... fantastic and has been for years. Gosh, I think the slot is needed on all AZ lakes if we consider how good the fishing is at Bartlett. Wait, there is no slot on Bartlett. It doesn't compute that the fishing there is good. It should be bad, right? Man I'm so confused.

No slot great fishing on Bartlett, no slot great fishing at San Carlos, slot and great fishing on Roosevelt and Alamo. Hmm... does the slot even matter? Give you one guess.

Let me give you a little hint, water level matters as does water quality. The more water the more food the bigger and more the fish. The slot has minor effect.
there are a million crawdads, a billion blue gill and a gazillion shad in Bart those fish have plenty to eat. Poor water quality is to blame for fish size. but I agree slots have little effect.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Fished Bartlett from about 230pm till dark. started off a little slow, only landing a couple fish on DS. Then we decided to make a move into the river and boy was that a good choice, for about the last three hours of the day we killed em on white spinnerbaits. ended up with 26 fish, but the surprising thing was we probably had 7 or 8 "overs" and mostly everything else was upper slot. very good quality of fish! this was a very very welcome change from the shitty night fishing weve had this summer. big fish was 3.5, on a white blade.
That's wierd, I threw a white blade in the river this morning and couldn't get bit on it. Picked up 8 fish from 6:30 to 1:00 on a little bit of everything. Nothing over 2 lbs. There's no fish in that lake :D

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
"Theres no fish in that lake"...
Duh! I took em all with me when I moved out here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts