Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

While up in Flagstaff this past weekend I picked up some roasted green chiles. They are good, ate six of them straight from the bag while they were still steaming! I got the hot ones and they are hit or miss on the heat scale. Three of the six that I ate barely made my mouth tingle but the other three more than made up for it! My question is this.......What should I do with them? This is my fist time buying them like this. Give me some of your recipies and I'll try some of them out.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Okay, here's one of my favorites:

Easy Green Chili......

Get a large pork roast, put it in the slow cooker/Crockpot with minced garlic, and 2 chopped onions

When it's cooked to the point that it shreds easily with a fork, drain off any remaining liquid and add 1 large can of crushed tomatoes, add skinned green chiles (I usually use about 12) sliced into strips and some diced jalapeño (if desired).

Get some good flour tortillas (I recommend Los Hermanos in Superior or Mama Lola's), shredded longhorn cheese and make some killer burros. Then scramble some leftover chili with eggs in the AM......quick and easy:biggrin:

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Here ya go.....

Green Chile Cheeseburger:

Ok dude make you normal hamburger, top it w/ American or Cheddar Cheese...then while the cheese is melting top it w/ the Green Chile:

Green Chile Topping:

Roasted, diced green chiles, and garlic salt to taste/w a little vinegar

Green Chile Cornbread:

Make your normal cornbread, if you cant make it use the Jiffy Box and follow instructions

1 cup of Green Chile...add chile to cornbread mix...bake normally

Green Chile Meatloaf....just toss in Green Chiles

Green Chile Waffles

Make waffles how ever you do it.....I use Bisquick...lol

Add Green Chiles to mix....top with green chile honey

Green Chile Honey: 1/2 Cup of honey+1/2 cup of pureed green chiles

Dude I have to many uses for them...looking for something specific?

Oh One more

Green Chile Candy Apple

Ok dude 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of corn syrup, 3/4 cup green chile puree(you need hot peppers to make this taste right)

Put in pot, stir, disolve sugar, then apply the heat until sugar is 300...you need a thermometer..has to be exactly 300...dip apples in sugar then place on greased foil...let cool and eat...

YOu can add green food coloring if you like....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Salsa Verde, yum.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin,

Since my oldest son and I are the only "spicy" food eaters I only bought a 1/4 sack for $8 already roasted. If I remember correctly the 1/2 sack was $15 and full sack was $30. I bought them right off of the main road on the northern side of town.

Thanks for the recipes, keep them coming.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Mac,
I have a few also, but here is the cheese burger I made a couple weeks ago and everyone was all over them

First mix 1/4 cup brown suger per pound of 85/15 ground beef. Make patties and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground black peppr.Trust me on the brown suger, I got it off BBC and it is freak'n stellar...

Grill them to desired temperature and top with Moterey jack cheese. Once melted lay one roasted, peeled and split hot green chili over the cheese and two peices of thick cut bacon over the green chili.

place this concoction on an appropriate bun, with fresh Leaf lettuce, red onion and tomato....

freak'n bomb brotha. The sweetness off the brown sugar, spice of the pepper and the smokeyness from the bacon marry very well.I'll post a few more for you after I get the kiddo down...

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Interesting that the chile burger recipes have the cheese on first..i do the opposite of placing the chile on the burger and let it roast a minute then cover with cheese..i get no complaints.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Mac, WTH

you need us to cook for you

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I just made this this weekend.

Take 2 lbs of Hamburger Meat ( you pick the Leanness #) Cut up 1/2lb of bacon into small pieces, shredd some cheddar and slice up the roasted peppers into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper and a little olive oil to keep em from sticking. Mush all the stuff together in a large bowl. Make into 4 even patties.

They will be big, but they will cook down. Use high heat on the grill to sear and then turn it down to medium to cook. Cook about 5 or 6 minutes total and top with Pepper Jack Cheese. When the cheese melts, serve. You can add more peppers on top if you like it hotter. When you eat it you will notice that the Bacon, peppers and the cheese you mixed in, has totally dissolved into the burgers and the flavors have been totally incorporated. MMMMMMM, Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Take a couple ribeyes,grill em,and make some chili with those green chilis,not too sure on the whole recipe,but thats some good stuff right there!!!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
After skinning the chiles, stuff them with cheese of your choice and prepare a batter by separating egg yolks from the whites, whip just the whites and then fold back in the yolks. Roll the stuffed chiles in flour then dip them in the whipped eggs and deep fry them until golden. Serve with some cilantro garnish over refried beans and a nice dark beer to wash it down with.

Very good quick meal.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mac, WTH

you need us to cook for you
Bobby,

You know I don't really need any help in the cooking department but I wanted to get some recipies from people I know and not from the internet. How about you give me some Elk to make burgers with and then I'll top them off with the chiles!

·
Registered
765 Posts
You got it brother. I will hook you up with some burger.

Lets hope I shoot straight. Flinging arrows you don't get many opportunities

1 - 20 of 24 Posts