Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys need to start carrying needles and learn how to Fizz the fish, They are cheap!!!!!! It dont take much time either just a few seconds.

Maybe someone can talk Randy into carrying them at his tournys for sale.?(i'll try) And putting a reminder up during the sign in.

this weekends tourny there was alot of dead bass(more dead bass than I have seen at most tournys all year combined),
I dont know if they were dead before weigh-in or after. but I saw someone come back with a huge bag filled with them, and they were still weighing in fish (needed to edit) the guy coming back with them was the one who release's them. so they were apparently floaters.

A guy and his wife( I think it was tanya?) were fizzing the fish at the weigh-in that people didnt fizz.(most times this could be done in your boat).

no easy way to say it but Take CARE of your DAMN FISH

Someone had a link on how to fizz a fish, if ya got one post it please.

needles are avail at waterdog willies and fishermans choice, and probally alot of other places as well.

Found a pic

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
I totally agree....when we were waiting to weigh in there were tons of fish belly up in the holding tank....I'm not sure how many them were revived and lived but it didn't look too good....And the weird thing is that I never heard Randy call out any dead fish but I was only there for a little while. Also Jason asked Randy for a Fizz Kit the night before and he gave him on for free...so that was cool.

Dan

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i went through this same crap last year.i don't know how these fisherman,can look in there live well,see the fish upside down and think nothin of it.you can buy these needles at a tack shop for .25,have to use a longer one on bigger fish.this isn't Randy's responsibility to needle fish,he has all he can do running the tourny.we all need to step up and help out.i heard 1 fish jumped out of the tank and some guy tried to add it to his other fish,but someone saw it and told him to put it back in the tank.i usually help out and neddle fish but i had a 3:15 weigh in and dean and tanya were doin it,GREAT JOB!!no one even wants to come to the tank and learn,thats sad.pictures don't really help,come over to the tank and i will show you hands on,it's easy.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
does anybody have a diagram on how to doit thru the mouth. i heard it was much easier.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ditto!

At the weigh in there were too many fish belly up, not from being dead, but from not being fizzed. That diagram Delw posted is the same one I learned from and it works perfectly. The only thing to add is to direct the needle slightly upwards at the point of insertion (no jokes please)! LOL! A 30-45 degeree upward angle works pretty well, also if you slightly squeeze the belly area you well get the excess air out, that method has always worked well for me. I have always had to fizz anything deeper than 20ft, so guys learn to do it or ask someone that knows, most guys would be more than happy to show you.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Yeah, just ask Randy for a fizz kit, they are free. He had a whole bag of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was the one releasing the fish at the A.B.F. tourney. We had started off in a bad way at the start. The set-up we had to transport the fish to the North ramp failed, and I ended up wasting time trying to fix that problem. Once we got a reliable way to transport them down, I was already behind in getting the fish from the weigh-in to the ramp. I did have one gentleman help me fizz some of the fish down at the ramp, and I thank him very much for that. Also, I was told that Tommy and Randy openly announced an appreciation to Dean and Tanya for their help at the weigh-in. But as stated above, it would really help if the fish had been fizzed by the fishermen, so we, the tournament support crew, aren't spending so much time at the release point trying to revive these fish. As it was, I was releasing fish until after the weigh-in was over. Overall, I ended up with about a dozen fish that did not make it. I was lucky enough to have one of the fishermen take a bunch of them for a fish fry and had some folks down at the ramp that wanted them also. Randy and I talked a lot about this after the tourney, keeping the fish alive has always been our top priority and will remain so, and we gladly take any suggestions that will help us improve this. Thanks to all that came out, and hope to see ya'll in January.

Steve

G

·
i have needled fish 15 ft too.the come from deep water to get a quick snack and you catch 'em. baka gagin (STEVE),you guys do a outstanding job with the tournament and the fish.like i said,this is our responsibility as participants,do do our part,and Thank all the GREAT cooks there!!!!Dang i miss those Brawts,reminds me of home in Wisconsin LOL.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I cant believe don Iovino's on-line shop wants 5 bucks for the fizz kit??? WTF? I saw that when the fish torpedoed out of the tank, Randy didnt see where it came from...the guy weighing his fish seemed to be trying to say it was his without outright saying it....finally someone near the holding tank told Randy it came out of the tank and wasnt the guy's fish.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Baka,

Being the tournament biatch again......I am so amazed, I have no words to describe the dedication and perfection that has been put forth by baka the tournament biatch. I am still watching and learning on how this is done, dont think you have lost me....lol
Good job baka I saw you down there hard at work, we appreciate the work to help keep the fish alive.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
bleeding fish

For anybody who can't get to any of the fishing takel stores. Any tack or feed store sells needels any size any quantity. Bleeding fish as soon as they are caugt raises the survival rate of the fish by 75 to 80% even if they are alive when they are brought in dosen't mean they will survive. When the air bladder get that big it generaly does internal organ damage if it's not taken care of pretty quickly. The needel does need to be at an angel, you have to get it under the scales. The other important piece is if you are doing alot of fish make sure to blow the needel out every once in a while as they gey plugged up, A lot of folks think they missed the bladder when it's a plugged needel.

G

·
The situation was not nearly as bad as I've seen at other local circuits where you beach your boat, weigh your fish, then dump them back into the lake. Winter tournaments at pleasant can look like a Tilapia kill at an urban pond. Steve was working his Butt off getting those fish back to the lake. He and I had to net some back up and fizz them in the beginning, then Dean and Tanya Kreuzer stepped up and did a great job helping out by fizzing them while in the holding tanks. After watching numerous fish do there best impression of a Scud Missile flying out of the tank, I'd have to say they were in pretty good shape. Kudo's to Randy,Steve(Baka), and all the crew for showing concern for the Fish instead of what their going to stuff in next tournament's Ladmo...err....I mean Prize Bag. Rich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts