Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope your answer is NO! Because it sucks the big one... Saturday after our culb tournament at SAG I lost my BBearing cap on my boat trailer. To make a long story short I limped it for a few miles and that was all she wrote.. Tow truck, $100 and 4 hours later I finaly made it home, long day.

Thanks goes outto the guys in the club that were checking on me on the way home.

Deer Slayer

·
Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Deerslayer, that sucks had it happen 2 times now Not fun at all....

I did buy allstate rv insurance for around 100 per year, they will tow my vehicle and or boat home no fee.

If you fish clubs its well worth it to get.

Delw

G

·
I was going to stop but you gave me the go ahead. I just caught mine before they went out. I replaced mine in the back rear on friday night. Sorry to hear, hope you'll get it fixed for next month.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Had it happen to me on the pond right after traveling on the freeway AT FREEWAY SPEEDS! Had to do the tow thing, too. Then found out that the axle and one hub were toasted, and the other hub had to be replaced to match. I did find a great shop to have a new axle made custom, though. Let me know if you need the name. The axle cost was $180.

Tater

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
deerslayer
Once you get the bearing fixed you might check into having a spindel that matches yours welded on your trailer then find a full hub assymbly with bearing to mount on it. this will let you have a full pre greased bearing assynbly with seal and cap. and it's a great place to mount the spare tire. I know prior to Ranger using cool hub's Sunland ordered a lot of their Ranger boat with this optionin. Just a thought, I know it saved my butt at Mead once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.