Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to work untill 2 pm then me, Hawk and Repo are hittin the hwy. We will be camped at Windy Hill, Coati area.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Bill we are here just past the camp host on the left in the Arctic camper. Fishing has been nothing short of nonexistant. The small bass have been hitting everything , I got one 3.5 lb but the rest small. They don't even make good crappie bait, so we are using them for chum. The crappie are stacked up just like you said and right where you said but they have a real bad case of lockjaw. The wind and lightening ran us off the water last night so we didn't even get a chance to try the night fish. Hopefully tonight.
See you when you get here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a question

First let me say I am not a member. I was sent an application last spring but I got seriously sick and all other things just stopped. I am well again and will be back in AZ this Oct. and will again try to join your org..

My question; I was told that if I plan on camping in AZ I should NEVER stay in a tent,,, I would be far better of camping "off the ground". Any thoughts? I have a tent here (WI) but may not bring it along if I can't use it. I have a full truck already.

Thanks for any advice you can give me to make my crappie fishing in AZ a fun thing to do.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just my thought, why not camp in a tent, ? are refering to rattle snakes, , I was born and raised in arizona and have camp alot of my life in tents in arizona, and have neve had a problem with snakes, I did have a pack rat spent alot of time in a sleeping bag with me one nite, he hauled aot if the filling off that nite,,lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks

Yes he mentioned snakes and scorpions. I have a house in Sun City and "may" check out the Globe area. I work out of my home so locations is not a big issue. My current plan is to buy an extended Trailblazer and sleep in it. I guess I'll bring the tent too (if I have the room). Thanks again

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've been camping out in my tent for the 4 years and have never had a problem, no bugs, rats or snakes to report of. Just go for it, the weather is getting nice.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
First let me say I am not a member. I was sent an application last spring but I got seriously sick and all other things just stopped. I am well again and will be back in AZ this Oct. and will again try to join your org..

My question; I was told that if I plan on camping in AZ I should NEVER stay in a tent,,, I would be far better of camping "off the ground". Any thoughts? I have a tent here (WI) but may not bring it along if I can't use it. I have a full truck already.

Thanks for any advice you can give me to make my crappie fishing in AZ a fun thing to do.
I would see no reason no to camp in a tent... I do it all the time. And if it's scorpions and bugs is what the worry is than being up off the ground isn't much protection. It is nice if you are using a tent though to bring a cot because of all the rocks and thorns (in the desert areas at least)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts