Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fishing the Fed. top ten next week at Apache. I'm not trying to do my pre-fishing on the computer. I've been up there the last two weekends and it's been tough on me. I can't find anything solid. I know there's a lot of peolpe catching some...18 pounds won the best tournment Saturday and I think the top four or five team had 15 plus pounds. I don't know where I'm going wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Nitro

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hey Nitro if it was me I would tune in to the Fishing Fever show
on 97.3 fm at 8:20 in the morning and listen Brad does a good job
on his fishing report ( DEPENDING IF HE IS FISHING IN IT ) :twisted: His show comes on Tues. and Fri. But I would hit the sunny banks in the am with 1/2 white willow blades 1 silver blade 1 gold, then I would hit the banks with a CRAW ( light brown)
crank or the lipped rattle traps in craw pattern for the rest of the day and EVERY POINT I came across I would turn into the wind a toss a Yamamoto jig smoke sparkle twin tail with a hula skirt and drag it back across. In the after noon I would run back up to the flats on the left and C-RIG a pins black/gold or blue/black minnow (suspending ) . Stick with it or hit points all day and spoon or drop shot. For the money you dont have them figured out yet and there is a cold front on the way so more than likely they will want small baits anyways. Go with a open mind and DONT second guess yourself. You can go 2 ways run and gun and hopefully scare up a rat sack or drag the flats with everything in yuor boat and just realize that YOU WILL HAVE FEWER BITES
but they WILL BE GOOD ONES. It should be a little windy this weekend and I would raid the ole lady's nail polish box and put a touch of red on the head of your blade. If you dont like them ideas then you could always run down the lake to the dam area on your left just before the dam you will see a patch of reeds ( blade it or rip a spoon in front of it ) then work back to your left with panther martins. You just have to figure out the depth the smallies are hanging at then stick with that pattern ( which is always good on APACHE ). Good Luck

·
Registered
577 Posts
Nitro, I agree with what Gcbaitman says. Apache has been off and on for me as well this year. They are not releasing much from Roosevelt and may be part of the reason. If they are releasing the wht spinnerbait in the river works as well. The other tip is when throwing Panther Martins slow them way down, most fish them too fast and get the smaller fish. You want it ticking the bottom. One other tip I heard was one of the locals throws very large deep diving cranks and really chews up the bottom with them. Swears he catches lots of 3+ smallies. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Now FEVER!!!!!!! :shock:
He did say he WAS NOT cyber pre-fishing so you go and just give everything up to him Geeeeeeeeezzzzzzz man why didn't ya just
tell him you would be his guide and lead him around??? lol
Just kidding at least you did not tell him that GREENFIRETIGER
was 1 of the baits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had to save something for the show LOL. Actually the show will probably be short as I have to work Tues. so I'll not be giving out a lot.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When you say off limits and NO pre fish, does that go for anyone including those not participating in this weekend's tourney??

Curious,

DigDug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Nitro how did you do. What was the winning weight? do you know who won? what they used? Where, or what type of bank? My boat is being cleaned up and I won't be able to fish Apache for awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.