Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking an elderly friend up to Roosevelt next Thursday or Friday for some Crappie fishing. I don't have a lot of experience with this species, and would very much appreciate some tips on what bait/lures to use, where to look/launch, etc. Thanks in advance.

Tater

·
Registered
577 Posts
Check out Arts reports on Roosevelt. He gives pretty good details on how to cath them and where. I am going to try and get out Wed. or Thurs. I'll probably launch from Windy Hill, I normally go off the Badger ramp with my big boat. However I took it in to Dan at Sun Valley Fiberglass and if I get out I'll be in a 16' aluminum V hull with a 7.5 Merc. and will launch on the East side. Its closer to where they've been catching them. You should see the Crappie boats out from Grapevine.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
As you have seen in the reports, due to the weather fronts, crappie fishing is very slow. The past two days in eight hours of fishing we have caught 20 crappie. I was up past the Hazardous buoys up in the salt in 14 to 16 feet of water. I was using a tandem jig rig with two 1/16th ounce jigs tied thirty inches apart. On the top jig I had a Kalin black/blue/chartruese 2 inch grub and a Kalin Tennesee Shad 2 inch grub on the bottom jig. The bottom jig caught most of the fish. We had out 20 to 25 feet of line and trolled at .8 mph...Best of luck....Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.