Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6ft Fishing rod with a with a beat up tip, can this be fixed? does anybody know anyone who does this kind of work?

G

·
You can buy a rod tip replacement kit that comes with the adhesive and several different sized Fuji rod tip guides. Try Sports Authority.

Or you can take it to your local tackle store, like Fisherman's Choice on the west side, and for a couple buck they'll put a new one on for you.

d a

·
Registered
25 Posts
Neal Cissel in Tempe does professional rod repairs as well. He's fixing one one my saltwater rods right now. He is very knowledgable and has been referred on this board before. His phone number is 480-945-6122 and he has a website www.nealsfishingtackle.com

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bill, sounds to me like he's downgrading to a 5'-11" rod!
Sam, on the east side, Liar's Korner fixes rod tips. I'm not sure if Bear Mountain does or not. It's really pretty easy to do. If you don't feel comfortable with it, like Denny said, it's only a couple dollars to get it fixed.

G

·
I would have to go with mathprof's recommendation, Neal is top notch, and only uses the best components, call him he will explain why you need an expoxy.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
...For some reason, I feel safe that this post won't be deleted and I won't be ridiculed for my post....

But, back to what we were talking about....
Amberjack is right. Rod tips need to be fixed the right way or you're going to be doing it again... Most good tackle shops do it fairly cheap and it's really worth it to have it fixed by a "pro". Those temp fixes will get you through your trip, but if you don't get it done right, you'll be doing it over.

If you don't want to take my word for it, I'll let you use my d-shot rod and you'll see. :lol:

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Sam - BPS is offering the Rick Clunn rods on sale right now for $49 and should you need to add anything else to your order - free shipping on orders over $100. Just talk your Uncle into ordering something too and you'll hit that $100 mark! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, sorry it took so long to post. My Internet is down (I got the virus) so I got to use my dads work computer, but I got more rods than I need. I want to get my hands on some good reels when I get da cash. I'll try to fix the rod tip with tempepops first. If that dosnt work then I'll get it fixed by a pro. Thanks again :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts