Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Firefighters without question are hero's, what comes to mind with these pics is more along the lines of PETA folks. JMHO

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Firefighters without question are hero's, what comes to mind with these pics is more along the lines of PETA folks. JMHO
+1

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like cats. If you save one from trouble, you're a hero to me. Let's drop the PETA label shall we?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
A few "Hero" pics to share.
more like a few dumbass's that missed there chance of a barbequed lunch. :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl Cat food Joke ;)

Sorry but I disagree to classify a firemen a hero for something like this looses the true meaning of a Hero remember thats there JOB. the word "Hero" is used way to much when it shouldnt be.

want to know what a real hero is look up the military code for Medal of Honor and the acts needed to be provided in order to get it.

Sorry not knocking firemen or cops but the term/meaning "HERO" used so loosely anymore is on of my pet peaves, and if your a cop and or a fireman that really thinks your a "Hero" for being a cop or fireman, you have a ego way to big ;)

damn I hope this doesnt stir too much shit, I have to go drop some more batteries in the lake for this weekends tourny, ;)

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
more like a few dumbass's that missed there chance of a barbequed lunch. :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl Cat food Joke ;)

Sorry but I disagree to classify a firemen a hero for something like this looses the true meaning of a Hero remember thats there JOB. the word "Hero" is used way to much when it shouldnt be.

want to know what a real hero is look up the military code for Medal of Honor and the acts needed to be provided in order to get it.

Sorry not knocking firemen or cops but the term/meaning "HERO" used so loosely anymore is on of my pet peaves, and if your a cop and or a fireman that really thinks your a "Hero" for being a cop or fireman, you have a ego way to big ;)

damn I hope this doesnt stir too much shit, I have to go drop some more batteries in the lake for this weekends tourny, ;)

Delw
RIGHT ON THE FUGGIN MONEY. Cops over firemen any day also, and I know and have worked with many fire men. It's a mostly gravy job and they get PAID well to do it.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
RIGHT ON THE FUGGIN MONEY. Cops over firemen any day also, and I know and have worked with many fire men. It's a mostly gravy job and they get PAID well to do it.
That's pretty messed up right there. Any emergency responder at your door step is a hero saving your pussy or not. I'm sure you just pissed off some of your client base with that comment as well.

I'm sure your job is gravy as well, too bad you just pissed off a few $$ to firemen who spend a little time on the water at night in their off time to unwind from such a gravy job.

This started off as a "tug at your heart strings Hallmark moment", but if you look back 8 years ago, 300 of these heros ran up the stairs in the towers in New York city and didn't come home.

These guys run towards trouble when others are running away, as well as the police force, Sheriffs Dept., and Paramedics (EMT's), and other responders.

Next time your pussy or Koala bear needs to be saved, thank a hero.

That one pic looks like Brett Favre holding some kitties...... not a hero!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Your tax dollars at work.Saving cats. Somehow it's just not the same as running into the Twin Towers. Those guys were heros. How can anyone equate saving a cat as heroism? Unbelievable!!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
That's pretty messed up right there. Any emergency responder at your door step is a hero saving your pussy or not. I'm sure you just pissed off some of your client base with that comment as well.
would this include and emergency call cause your cable is out, how about your electrial is out, tow truck driver, how about the pizza guy. ;) Maybe your A/c quite and Phaz is your Hero. You should see him in tight blue spandex and a red cape, I still dont think he can fly off a roof yet. :Iconrotfl

Maybe you misread my post and LL's post or took it out of context. or maybe (just a thought) you have no clue what a "Hero" really is in the true meaning of the word.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Saving pets is good PR but the real heros are no longer with us or in a wheel chair. It truly amazes me how people can get so wrapped up with animals when there are people in this country that truly need help. Can you say Veterans. Before you whiny liberals start flaming my ass just remember, I like animals. I'm just smart enough to understand where on the pecking order they fall. JMHO. And for PETA, well you all can kiss my :moon:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Saving pets is good PR but the real heros are no longer with us or in a wheel chair. It truly amazes me how people can get so wrapped up with animals when there are people in this country that truly need help. Can you say Veterans. Before you whiny liberals start flaming my ass just remember, I like animals. I'm just smart enough to understand where on the pecking order they fall. JMHO. And for PETA, well you all can kiss my :moon:
DAMN this came out of your Key Board???? you will get roasted for saying such a thing in front of animal lovers.

+1

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
+1

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Rookie dude, what about all the Police officers that were killed on 9/11.

Firemen are the ones that plug our holes when we get shot and they do go into burnin houses to look for people. However i have never seen one go into a family fight and go hands on tryin to stop the aggressor. never seen one try to bust up a bar fight. during a hostage situation or barricade they are 1 block down the road staging until the all clear( code 4 ) is given..

There is a group of them in Phoenix that when told not to go into an active shooting scene, (80 rounds being fired, 3 victims 1 of which was my partner who had been shot 3 times disobeyed the Capt. and walked a block down the road to the house where we had dragged out my partner into the driveway. there were shots still being fired when they carried him back to the staging area!!!!!!!!! Those are the Firemen i have the utmost respect for!!!!!!!!!!!

However the beer truck guy is my hero!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Heres a wikipedia view of the protocol for the Medal of Honor (A TRUE HERO NOT A MAKE BELIEVE or a WANNA BE). Read it Matt you might learn something. click the link its loaded with info and very informative.
while wikipedia can be jilted a little as anyone can write this stuff, used to be able to( Yes Matt Even you) I couldnt find the one from the Military its self.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor

The Medal of Honor is the highest military decoration awarded by the United States government. It is bestowed on a member of the United States armed forces who distinguishes him- or herself "conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his [or her] life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States."[1] Because of the nature of its criteria, the medal is often awarded posthumously.

Members of all branches of the U.S. military are eligible to receive the medal, and each service has a unique design with the exception of the Marine Corps and Coast Guard, which both use the Navy's medal. The Medal of Honor is often presented personally to the recipient or, in the case of posthumous awards, to next of kin, by the President of the United States. Due to its honored status, the medal is afforded special protection under U.S. law.[4]

The Medal of Honor is one of two military neck order awards issued by the United States Armed Forces, but is the sole neck order awarded to its members. The other is the Commander's Degree of the Legion of Merit, which is only authorized for issue to foreign dignitaries.[5]

The medal is frequently called the Congressional Medal of Honor, stemming from its award by the Department of Defense "in the name of Congress" though the official and correct title is Medal of Honor.[6][7]

·
Registered
201 Posts
You guys should bitch about something else! Maybe your family will need our assistance someday and then you'll thank us!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
You guys should bitch about something else! Maybe your family will need our assistance someday and then you'll thank us!
Thanking you for a job you signed up for and doing is one thing, However are you a hero for it? do you deserver HERO Status cause you patched up some kid that flipped his bike off the top of the on ramp on the I-17/I-10 stack?
No all you did was save his life like you were trained to do, thats it nothing else.

I do applaud you for saving a life or putting out a fire but is it really Hero Material?

No one is not Thanking you your just not on the Hero List :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl That was a joke don't take it personal.

Delw

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'm sure your job is gravy as well, too bad you just pissed off a few $$ to firemen who spend a little time on the water at night in their off time to unwind from such a gravy job.
That one pic looks like Brett Favre holding some kitties...... not a hero!
RB... and all other Firemen reading this... I devoted 17 years of my life to rescue situations most firemen at the time would not do and all volunteer. Some did and we had good long conversations late at night,15 miles in on a non-trail hike, in the snow or underground in a drug tunnel looking for bodies under the border. They related how much harder that "volunteer" job was over their paid work. Doesn't matter what they did that day at work, they could have cleaned the truck, sorted gear, stocked supplies, made a couple of EMS runs for traffic accidents or maybe they were on that one active fire that happened during the week. MOST of their duty time they are at rest doing maintenance or making survey calls to businesses in their area.

Brett died in the line of duty when he made a mistake. It was tragic as it is when anyone dies, yet the facts of why and how it happened never really went mainstream. Resulting from that terrible incident, Phx Fire changed their SOP's to not enter a similar structure unless there was a high belief a person was inside. I thought that was part of what we paid them to do, just like the Shuff steel worker helping to top out the Phx Childrens Hospital or the electrician doing its final connections. All dangerous jobs that are paid well to do. None of them are really hero's!

While on the subject please tell me how the fireman who died in the CAP canal clearing debris gates was also a hero? He was working with a buddy in their own little side company as a commercial diver in their off hours. He violated just about every safety rule and several OSHA reg's then ran out of air when he got disoriented and went the wrong way in a sump. He was mourned as a hero city wide yet he had no commercial training or Cert.

My point is any death on the job is tragic. Heroism is rare and cops are much closer involved in day to day heroism yet they get little fanfare for it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts