Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Thanks Brown Dog! Those are great pics! I had a great time helping out just wish I could have been there for the 2nd day. This was an awesome event everyone and put it on your calendar for Oct of this year! Be there! You won't regret it!

Bayou.....you would have been on the ground rolling! Dick was such a character! He was more than you could ever imagine! :lol: :lol: Funny guy!

I wonder how that row 2, second pic got in there?! :shock: That wasn't from FHNB, that was from Southwest Walleye's Kids fishing clinic! Those 2 kids holding the poles are my Sam and Cody with the Canyon Bass club! They both won 1st place that day in the casting contest. Canyon Bass is a good group of folks.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Scooby prefers to stay dry. :wink:

Just some more background info....

The National Guard comes out the night before the event and camps out - along with some volunteers and Canyon Bass Club folks. They help set up tents, tables and also help folks - including their wheelchairs onto the boats.

Row 1 and row 2, 1st picture in each is a group from AZ Project Challenge. They came out and helped in any way they were told to! I swear, you should have seen these kids! They were literally RUNNING needed items up and down that 10 lane ramp at Pleasant to the area where we were, just below the bathrooms! I'd like to see Delw do that! :lol: Good group of kids that helped out.

Row 3, pic 4 is Dave Helfand and Row 13, pic 1 is Don Price. They are the chairs of FHNB. Good guys. If you ever have the opportunity to meet Don, you will agree that you couldn't have met a more awesome person!

HEY! Jeff! I see Lori made it in the pics too! Row 12 pic 4!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, she's REAL pleased with it.

The weekend was a blast. They weren't concerned with what they caught or if they caught anything. They were extremely pleased for the opportunity to get out and fish. The middle picture of the third row from the bottom is the person I took out on Sunday. Mark was thrilled with that bluegill and getting a picture of it. If you have the opportunity this year, come out and support it anyway you can. Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.