Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to leave our dropshot rigs at home this weekend,to go to fight some real fish.fish were out 90 miles,took 9 hours of rough boat ride to reach them.fishing was tough due to the huricane that had just past through,mixing up the water but did manage to catch a few,wnd to many skipjacks.never fixed tuna before and was hoping that some of you off shore warriors could give me a few suggestions.Thanx

·
Registered
911 Posts
Take it out of the can, put on some mayo, onions and pickle relish...

Put in a pan, pour 1 cup Mountain Rhine white wine in bottom and layer top and bottom of tuna steak with sliced onions. Cover and cook to desired consistency.
or
Put on grill on indirect heat and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (I prefer lemon pepper garlic seasoning that we get at craft shows through Garlic Festival Foods, also online)
or
wrap in aluminum foil with ground pepper, butter, onions and lemon slices. And maybe some sliced garlic cloves. Throw in oven or on grill.

Some folks like it fully cooked and some prefer it to be a little past medium (slightly raw inside)

G

·
Make a marinade with melted butter, lemon juice and fresh crushed garlic. Put 3/4 inch steaks in glass dish. Soak in marinade in Refrig for a few hours or overnight. Toss on grill and savor delight.

Be sure you have cleaned off all traces of blood lines from the filets you get from the boat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's my favorite:

Mix

1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Thyme Leaves (fresh is best, but dried will work)

As the above post said, cut the blood lines out. Coat the filets in the glaze and cook to taste in a frying pan in olive oil. I like mine a little pink inside.

Spicy, but delicious!

G

·
Most important DO NOT OVERCOOK IT you will end up with shoe leather, hot grill no more than 4 minutes per side. Smoke it for 2.25 hours, no charcoal lighter.

G

·
You might also want to email Ken Levy, I understand he has a killer recipe for canned tuna. He uses a pressure cooker which would make it very tender and mild.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
1 part olive oil 1/2 blender
1 part lemons 2 cups
1 part clantro 1/2 head to 3/4
1 part garlic 5 big cloves
blend and put into baggy for atleast 2 hrs BBQ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts