Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace two Bearing Buddies and am trying to figure out what is the easiest way to remove the old ones that are on the trailer right now?? please help i want to replace them before i go to Rosey Sat. morning..

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Just put a cold chisel or screwdriver on the lip, smack it with a hammer a couple times and it'll usually pop right off.

I've also had success with a 16" pipe wrench - turn it about a ¼ turn while pulling outward on the wrench handle.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
If you are just going to junk the old Buddies, the hammer won't hurt anything (Unless you are using an 8 lb double jack).

The wrench usually works real easy - just get it tight enough to really dig into the old housings.

·
Resident Spammer
1,907 Posts
HOW TO REMOVE A BEARING BUDDY

Bearing Buddy is held in the hub by an interference fit. To remove Bearing Buddy, lay a block of wood against the side of it and strike the wood with a hammer. Place the wood on the opposite side and hit again. Continue this procedure until you “walk” the Bearing Buddy out of the hub. Don’t disassemble the Bearing Buddy to attempt to remove it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts