Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think you cast that bait?(in a tourny)

lets say you toss a spinner/buzz or rico bait all day .
what about Pitching the banks?

I am guessing at least 1.5 times per min. for spinner/buzz and rico baits 720 per 8 hours

and 2.5 times per min for pitching 1200 per 8 hours

What do you think, am I close

Now grant it you have to lite a cig or open a can of coke but other than that what do you think per tourny.

This will be a good one for DA to figure out, Maybe I will have Mr. Bass count them sat for me. :wink:

Delw

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
911 Posts
Tourney??? Shoot those numbers are a normal day on the lake for me. You are probably pretty close. My wife had counted the number of casts I made for about a half hour on a prefish day and came up with some unreal numbers.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I guesstimate (WAG or SWAG) I cast about 1,000 times a day, whether fun fishing or tournament fishing. I work with enough numbers during the week, so I never counted up the number real-time. 8)

G

·
Delw, good question! You keep worrying about counting your casts and I'll worry about making my casts count!

An even better question is how many effective casts do you make in one day? Is the boat position right? Is the presentation right? Does the bait land in the best spot? Does the blade track close enough to the bush to bump some branches? Is the speed and depth of the blade the same as when you got the last hit? Are you changing speeds and depth to see what they want? Are you watching the bait and feeling the blades turn? If you're throwing a crankbait, did the wobble stop? Most important of all, are you paying attention during the retrieve so you're ready to make a hookset? Or do you miss fish because you're thinking "Was that cast number 596 or 586?" :wink:

d a

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts