Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering how often you guys thrown blades and cranks? I am trying to broaden my fishing horizons if you will and I very rarely fish cranks or blades. I fish plastics primaraly some jerk baits and top water but I honestly cant remember the last time I tied on blades.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Depending on where I am at - but most always I'll throw both.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'll almost always start the day with a crank or lipless, then modify as needed. I really don't fish blades that often, as I don't have much confidence with them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so Im going to pick up some new cranks (hopefully without opening a can of worms) what 3 cranks would you buy if you could only have 3.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Bill Norman DD22 (deep)
Storm Wiggle Wart (mid range)
Strike King Redeye Shad (lipless)

With those three, you can pretty much cover the water column.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well i love to throw a spinner colorado leaf puts out a lot of vibration i try to throw along a weed line or top like at alamo i see at times it brings them out of tight cover to smash it i retrieve it fast buzz by them if no strike i do a slow roll thru the park some times they are ready to grab it or if there a little deep i pull drop pull drop watch your line they some times pick up on the fall good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
know as for cranks one night i was in queen creek fishing a back part of a houseing lake system my buddied caught a big bass on a pig and jig primary bait was talapia so ni threw every thing no hits end of the night i threw a rattle trap in a back cove next to a old log when i got a hit nothing big but when i got to the bout omg the biggest bass i ever got ian said it was pushing 15lb yes hell i was going to get it mounted but when he tied the string small rope threw the lip well lets say when i got out of the coleman crawdad i could have killed him both fish were gone and the rope was floating fishless

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
last sat night, three of us caught appox. 45 lmb at rosey on cranks... when the bite stopped we switched to TR plastics and boated 4 more over the next 8 hours.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
ALWAYS---THEY ARE TIED ON AND LAYING ON MY DECK EVERYTIME!!!!

DEEP--DD22
MID--MODEL A OR FF SHAD
SUB SURFACE--LITTLE JOHN
ALL AROUND--EXCALIBUR LIPLESS

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering how often you guys thrown blades and cranks? I am trying to broaden my fishing horizons if you will and I very rarely fish cranks or blades. I fish plastics primaraly some jerk baits and top water but I honestly cant remember the last time I tied on blades.

you don't know what your missing if not using these baits.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts