·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Hey Delw,how about another quick class on how to post pictures??

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres a quick example of how to upload a pic in the gallery and post it in your post.

click Gallery on the nav bar

Click on the section you want to upload your picture( you can click on the picture or click on the blue colored text)

Click on the upload button

Click on browse and find the picture in on your computer. ( just like adding an attachment)

double click on the picture or file name thats on your pc( just like sending an attachment in an email)

Click the submit Button

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you picture will show with a bb code /address on the bottom after you click the upload button and the picture is uploaded

Highlight the bb code on the bottom as seen in blue. you can do this by double clicking while holding your mouse over the code. then right click select copy( or hit CTRL C on your key board). close the window

Start a post and right click your mouse. click paste ( or hit CTRL V on your keyboard) this will paste the complete address and IMG codes in your post. doing it this way you wont have to click the postcard icon in the post for the image code

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
COOL!!,thanks Delw is there someway to put this in the FAQ or some other area for quick retrival?? I remember some time back you or da put in the instructions but when I did a search I could not find it, would be neat to have a quick reference to this instruction page for future use---people are always asking how to post pictures

again thanks for the info

·
Registered
777 Posts
Delw,
I was wondering if i could help you out on one small piece of code for the site.

Although it may not go a real long way in helping the computer challenged, it might just help some.

I found the area of code pertaining to the text box field after a person uploads an image to the gallery, in which they can then select the image tags
(
) where we can make the text box bigger so a user can see the whole code they need to copy.

I have found those that try to copy the code don't get it all, then they wind up with a bad link.

Here is what needs to be changed and I have screen shots of the before and after .

<td class="alt1" colspan="3"><input class="bginput" type="text" value="
" size="45" /></td>

Change the Code To:

<td class="alt1" colspan="3"><input class="bginput" type="text" value="
" size="110" /></td>

Notice I only changed 45 to 110 to change the size of the text field box.

Now User Can see the Whole Image Tag (
) and Link to the photo in the Text Field.

or Rather they wont have to mess with the Image button in the advanced text editor.

But just copy the code as if it was regular text they would type.

I know they could do this already but maybe if they see it all it might be easier for them .

I use firefox and also tried it in explorer the old way( the way the site is now) and it is quirky to try and high lite the image tags and copy the image code.

then i was thinking to edit your tutorial, just tell users how to upload and once uploaded to copy the (
)

because the expert users will know how to use the advanced way using the text editor and image button in the text editor.

Which brings up another reason why I think make the changes and tell them one way how to add a image is because Novice users wont know to click the advanced button or what ever its called to get to the other portion of the text editor to even get to the image button to add a link.

If I am not clear can I call you?

I am only suggesting this to help out , and it is also somthing I or your daughter can fix quickly if not yourself. Also Cause Drives me insane when someone posts an item for sale and cant put a pict in the post.

Woef

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just saw this post.
Good idea let me look into it.

I will look into it and see whats happens when I change it.

If you click on the link one time it automatically high lights in blue ;) then right click with your mouse and click copy and your done.

before I change that section of code I have to make sure it doesnt distort the template when the other options are on , The gallery has options to tell you everything about the camera that took the pic as well, including f-stop, type etc.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Delw, did you have to do the explanation with my screen name, thats ok
at least everybody knows my secret now. I guess that job with microsoft,
is never going to happen.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It is prolly a firefox thing , but I swear I tried it in explorer as well , it is rather quirky either way , in theory it should work but usually my experiance with teaching novice users is once they try to high lite, if they screw it up first try its a nightmare to regain control for them anyhow.

I will re check this as well.

p.s. I know you do your best on this site Del, and I think it is a Magnificant site at that. I was just hoping to offer an idea , in which we could sort of standardize one way of posting pictures for novice users , by simply asking them to only upload, then copy all code that starts with (
)

although I do realize the problem often gets deeper then this simple deal.

like users have no clue how to find the picture on their computer, or camera.
so on and so forth.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts