Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit it, I'm a map geek. I think I know my way around most of the lakes pretty well. Maybe not Canyon........or Alamo........or San Carlos.......or Patagonia. But I got the rest covered. Well I got to fooling around on the USGS site this morning looking for aerial photographs of our lakes (SDM insert comment here about me having too much time on my hands) and thought I'd test the rest of you. I don't know if this will be difficult for you or not, but if its real, real easy for you, then you've been spending too much time on the water. Here goes.

Identify the lake and location of the following three pictures. The pics are aligned properly with North at the top.

G

·
1.looks like plesant goose bay and coles but not 100% sure( could be the salt side of rosy)

2. bartlett river end

3. lake pleasant between jackassand the marina

you got way to much time on your hands

Delw

·
Registered
497 Posts
The aquarium head west (and probably slightly south also) from Castle Creek and then splits into the two forks. The picture only shows a little bit of Castle Creek... but all of the aquarium.

G

·
Then your correct, cause I can see the narrows(cliff walls) and the bay out in the front.

When we go on trips my wife reads the map :wink:

Delw

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WTG Tempepops! You know Lake Pleasant. Got 'em all. OK Mike, a true engineer map geek will be able to estimate the lake elevation within 5 feet. What is it?

Delw, you are directionally challenged!! :roll: I don't know how you ever find your way home.

NP, the aquarium? Why's that? I call it Dead Burro Cove myself because there was a dead one back there 4 or 5 years ago.

Obviously, I need to make these tougher on TempePops. Here's a Real Test Mike..........

Answers Monday night, I'm fishing Lake Un-Pleasant again tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I will have to try to estimate an elevation when I get home and can look at my Lake Pleasant map. But here are my guess on the new test
1. Saguaro - Shiprock (easy)
2. Bartlett - Saddle Cove is in lower right corner
3. Pleasant - Two Cow Cove

·
Registered
497 Posts
On the 1st Pleasant pics, the lake looks to me like it is 95 - 100% full.

I have no idea why we call it the aquarium. I heard Westy and SteveM call it that and that cove seems to have no name of the maps.

G

·

You da' man Mike! Whooooooooooooooo! TempePops got it ALL!

1 Shiprock @ Saguaro (That's Ken following me to my spots, LOL!)
2. Actually I was looking for Yellow Cliffs or Bartlett Flats at Bartlett, but sure enough that's Saddle Cove on the lower right, Excellant!
3. Two Cow, Ranger Boat House cove, or what was it the old #3 boat ramp off that island?

The photo of Pleasant was taken April 30, 1997 (but you knew that too right?). My notes indicate the lake level was 1676, you were right on. You're too good for me, I quit! :p

(P.S. Those are all my spots so stay off 'em pardner!) :roll:

G

·
Anonymous said:

You da' man Mike! Whooooooooooooooo! TempePops got it ALL!

1 Shiprock @ Saguaro (That's Ken following me to my spots, LOL!)
2. Actually I was looking for Yellow Cliffs or Bartlett Flats at Bartlett, but sure enough that's Saddle Cove on the lower right, Excellant!
3. Two Cow, Ranger Boat House cove, or what was it the old #3 boat ramp off that island?

The photo of Pleasant was taken April 30, 1997 (but you knew that too right?). My notes indicate the lake level was 1676, you were right on. You're too good for me, I quit! :p

(P.S. Those are all my spots so stay off 'em pardner!) :roll:
Denny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts