Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to head down and do some quail hunting, and was wondering how it was this year. I havent heard any reports yet. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Deffinantly better than last year. Birds are everywhere. went opening day and shot 13. lost more than that lol.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Deffinantly better than last year. Birds are everywhere. went opening day and shot 13. lost more than that lol.
Phuck Dude, how do you lose more than 13 birds, do you just not give a shit or what.

I have hunted quail my whole life and have never lost more than 1 or 2.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
he's probably joking guys, it say lol at the end. geez tough crowd around here. It's a frickin bird. You guy ever watch that Trent Barta hunting show, trying to kill a sandhill crane with a bow he wounded like 10 of them but never brought one down.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
"geez tough crowd around here. It's a frickin bird"

If that's your attitude about hunting and fishing, then maybe you need to quit.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
License Required For hunters under age 14, you must either have a valid hunting or combination license or be accompanied by an
adult who possesses a valid hunting or combination license. For hunters 14 years and older, any valid hunting or
combination license including a Three-Day Hunting (Class H) (See tables on pages 14–15 for Resident and Non-resident
license fees).
Legal Methods of Take General Hunt: Any lawful method as described in R12-4-301 and R12-4-304. Falconry-Only Hunt: Falconry as defined in
R12-4-101 and as prescribed in R12-4-318.
GENERAL Bag Limit Fifteen (15) quail per day in the aggregate of which no more than eight (8) may be Mearns’ quail
GENERAL Possession Limit Thirty (30) quail in the aggregate after opening day of which no more than fifteen (15) Gambel’s, Scaled, or California
quail in the aggregate may be taken in one day. After Nov. 27, the 30 quail possession limit may include Mearns’ quail of
which no more than eight (8) may be taken in any one day.
FALCONRY Bag Limit Three (3) quail per day.
FALCONRY Possession Limit Six (6) quail of which no more than three (3) may be taken in any one day.
To hunt quail in Arizona, you need a valid hunting or combination license.
Quail hunters are reminded that A.R.S. 17-309 requires wildlife in possession be identifiable as to species. Commission Rule R12-4-305 states that for a
person transporting or possessing quail, that each quail have attached a fully feathered head, or a fully feathered wing, or a leg with foot attached.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ok for all u anal crybabies,

1st.- I was with 5 other people.

2nd.- I shot 5 personally, lost 2.

3rd. No dog, and VERY thick country.

so sorry for those preciouse little birds we could not find. I pray everyday that god forgives me for my cruel act. What shame it brings to me! (Sarcasm) it was not intentional that we lost um, Cry me a river, build a [email protected]$kin bridge and get over it.: Jerk-it

Back to the topic, we saw and heard many birds. cubby quantity has grown tremendously. go out and have some fun

·
Registered
868 Posts
so sorry for those preciouse little birds we could not find. I pray everyday that god forgives me for my cruel act. What shame it brings to me! (Sarcasm) it was not intentional that we lost um, Cry me a river, build a [email protected]$kin bridge and get over it.: Jerk-it

I try to hit them with my truck as often as I can. No reason, just for fun:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts